After "installing" mods for Fallout 4, none actually get loaded into the game

TheNakriin

Hello everyone,

After quite some time, i wanted to play Fallout 4 again. So I went ahead and made sure, everything worked as intended

I got every mod enabled, made sure the dependecies worked as they should and deployed all the mods and made sure that all the plugins were in the correct order.

Now, after making sure everything was green and looking as i remember as it should like, I started FO4 - and well, no mods were installed aparently. I got the message that there were mods installed and after i accepted that no achievments would be earned (which was still weird - after all, i got a mod installed that should enable me getting the achievments), it showed that basically every mod that the save was dependent on wasnt there. But i did not disable any mods, and it especially showed mods being not there that definitly were enabled and deployed and so on.

To keep the powers that be happy, please provide the following:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7332636-how-to-post-request-support-for-vortex/

For your first step, open your game directory and see if your mods are in Data. Your achievements enabler has to go in the game directory; not Data. Not sure if Vortex can install that one.

Since i already had them install a while back (had to disable them once because i had to reinstall Steam) and it worked back then, Vortex should be able to.

And here's to what i was supposed to provide:

I am using Vortex 0.17.7, released a week ago.

Obviously, I try to mod Fallout 4,

There are 53 that are supposed to be installed

And i am using Windows x64 with 16gb RAM

Edited by TheNakriin

It was the same directory as it is now. It points to ...\common\Fallout4\

And I originally had used NMM and inmported the mods into Vortex - As it also worked before (on Version 0.16.5) there shouldnt be a problem with any mods missing.

I disabled them using vortex - as far as i know, disabling shouldnt delete the mod, i didnt remove it, just disabled them so it shouldnt be active anymore.

Disabling does nothing unless you follow that up with Deploy.

I hate the whole idea of importing mods from NMM. It is problematic at best. And NEVER have any mods active in NMM when you try to manage the game with Vortex.

Man - and mods - can not serve two masters.

Be a bit careful with uninstalling NMM. NMM installs mods by actually copying them into the game directory.

When you uninstall NMM - the mods are left in your game directory. You have to use NMM to remove them - or manually clean your game directory.

I personally like to manually delete everything not installed by Bethesda - and use Steam Validate to clean up anything I should not have deleted.

look, i did it exactly the way that was written on the "migrating to Vortex" page. And as stated before, it worked at some point so that i could actually play the game. I had even added more mods between moving to Vortex and first having problems.