Shared mode not working?

sorrysorry483

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but we're really stumped here. We're trying to set up vortex under two separate PC users so we can have our own save files and mods. When shared mode is activated for one user, mods don't show up for the second user. When shared mode is activated for both users, Vortex locks one out and says that there is already an instance of Vortex running and that of you don't see it, check task manager. However, task manager shows no Vortex whatsoever.

When single user mode is activated, there is a whole different set of issues. We're not sure whether it happened during the installation or deployment of the mods, but Vortex then sent up HUNDREDS of popups one after another saying that it did not have permission to access individal game/mod files (with a different file name popping up each time), but that if the user had admin privileges it could try to access the files for the user. This was on the admin user's PC profile.

Info that might be relevant: we have version 0.17.7 of Vortex, Windows 10 (64-bit), and we have roughly 10-15 mods we're trying to use for Skyrim Special Edition.

Does anyone have any idea what could be happening? Does Vortex just not allow two different people to use it on the same computer? Creating a second account for NexusMods did not seem to help. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

• 9 months later...

Has anyone figured out the answers to this situation? I have the same issues and started a new topic before I found this one. Here is the topic I started https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8275098-how-to-set-up-vortex-shared-mode-for-multiple-pc-users/?hl=%2Bshared+%2Bmode