CC Content issues can be rectified by....

hemisphericfreight

Checking to make sure each content has the *.ba2 files.

Because, this was my issue.

You see, steam and Beth.net do weird things, this is not new. Sometimes, one or the other gets spectacularly out of whack.

Case in point, I did a file verify with steam after a cc content install, and borked up my game.

Now, luckily, I have another source where I can manage to get some of the files needed when steam and Beth net go off kilter.

And you can tell when this happens during installation, as the download turns to an installed button in an eye blink with no 0-100% in between. A sure case that when you allow the game to resort the mods, it will ctd due to missing files.

Not that it tells you of course.

right click the game in steam > Properties > Local files tab and browse local files, open the data folder.

You are looking for a single cc*.esl that lacks the companion *.ba2 files. These are the result of those "instant" installations.

Once you ferret those singular *.esl files out and delete them. Your game will run just fine once again.

I did this post because invariably, this issue is likely to happen again, and a record of what to look for is always a good idea.

Results and errors will vary by machine and person. Hopefully this helps some people.