FNVEdit / Merge Patch question

llloyd

So. I made some major changes to my mods (specifically removed PN) in preparation on restarting my run from the beginning, PN is too pervasive to just remove mid run without breakage so I'm going to just start from the beginning. So after I removed it and any patches and went through NMM to be sure none of the remaining mods had any red "Missing Masters" I redid the Merge Patch. I got 99% of the red conflicts fixed but one leaves me a bit puzzled. Doesn't seem like it should be conflicting, the mod that is causing it to go red is higher in the load order so the later mods should overwrite it and win. So ... Why is there conflict and how do I fix it?

If you aren't using the latest version of FNVEdit (v4.0.2; which has a "automatic method" to create a "merge patch": under "Other | Create Patch") suggest you give that a try.

Haven't encountered this situation myself, but referring to the "Tome of xEdit" and the "Legend" color guide from v4.0.2, this is how I see it.

In the left-hand "navigation" pane you have "olive text". Cannot accurately tell the background color because it is selected, but because it is not "red text" it is not a "conflict loser" record. So, nothing to really worry about.

Looking at the "LNAM - Form ID" records in red text in that "Record Header" column, the final "TTW Merge Patch Beta.esp" column is showing "olive" text on a "purple" ("critical conflict") or possibly "salmon" ("conflict") background. That is indicating an "Identical to Master but conflict winner" result either way. So, again nothing to worry about.

As to "why": Can't tell if there is actually any difference in the Form ID names used by the different plugins (but the text color codes don't indicate there is one), however most likely it's simply because the record exists in all the plugins except for Fallout3.esm (which is a "master").

-Dubious-

Which is how I do it in 3.2, and my Lord, a massive redesign on 4.0.2. O.o This is going to take me a while to figure out how to change the display so everything is on screen but still sort of readable like it is in 3.2. Anyway, so, nothing to worry about? Then I won't. Thanks.