Purely crafting, Sim-like Skyrim. Doable?

lumiene

I don't care at all for hunting and exterminating. My idea of fun is a lovely player home mod, followers, spouse, kids, and a whole lot of crafting and maybe a business mod. And exploring.

Has anyone tried this approach? Does it get old quickly?

I've tried a few like them before, but I still usually have some side thing like relic hunting (Dragonborn Legacy) or pirating (Pirates of Skyrim), etc.

It's interesting for a while until you end up with a ton of gold and run out of ideas as how to spend it or what to do with you followers/family.

If you want to keep a play through like that going I suggest finding something with a decent length quest line or progression

system like Become King of Skyrim or a expensive home building mod.

Also mods that add huge new world spaces help.

I think Locaster has some mods involving building/managing mini holds that you become ruler of.

For business maybe try Trade and Barter, simple taxes, exchange currency, along with some mod that lets open a shop (I know their at least a few

like one that lets you turn breezehome into a store, but I can't remember their names).

Also I think there is an estate/land/stock trading mod somewhere on nexus and another mod that lets you become a landlord for renting.

Edited by WanderingSkill

Not crafting per se, but you can spend lots of time on a playthrough just messing around with jaxons positioner. Everywhere.

It's not permanent, its just in the savegame but I do spend an inordinate time with it, removing and replacing "junk". Skulls, for example.

It has a copy function so I steal furniture and items from all over to redecorate. You can also use it to decorate with clothing and weapons you've made, depending on the ground objects.

If you are serious about gathering and crafting it is not hard to level and have more gold than you can spend.

Edited by TeofaTsavo