Some mods no longer working?

Veggieleezy

Hello, everyone!

I should preface this by saying that I am very bad at understanding how mods work and how they might conflict. So when I downloaded a new mod to try and use, when I merged it not only does the new mod not seem to work, but it also apparently cancels out another mod I had been using? Or does it matter the order the mods are listed in the manager? I have all of the DLCs, I don't think they'd be conflicting with anything, but I also haven't really explored any of them other than the Black Emporium if that even counts.

I know some of these are working largely because they're cosmetic changes so those are fairly obvious. The more "under the hood" ones are a little harder for me to tell. I'll put my list of mods in the order their .daimod files appear on my DAI Mod Manager below here. As soon as I figure out how to copy the merge log without it crashing whatever notepad I try to use, I'll edit that in as well. I usually run the manager with "verbose logging" because that makes me feel smarter about what's going on, but that makes the file HUGE.

-Official patch

-Trimmed Blackwall (LetoSix) - working

-Noble Cassandra (ArXangel) - working

-Dark Knight Cullen (ArXangel) - working

-Discount Stores (Jorrob96) - Free Stores option, seems to be working

-Faction Josephine (TariVendice) - working

-Fall Damage Nullified (Ehamloptiran) - working

-Trevelyan Skyhold outfit (Hazevamp) - working

-Tweaked Leliana (appleschnapple) - working

-LL Inquisition Faction (LapisLazzuli) - working

-Make Erimond tranquil (astherisz) - haven't reached this point yet, unknown

-More Influence (Ghostfish) - not sure if working, seems to not like being configured despite apparently needing to be configured

-More Inquisition Levels (Ghostfish) - not certain if working

-NewExperienceTable (Dheuster) - not sure if working

-No More Fog of War (fontofnothing) - newest mod, not working

-No Perk Requirements (jerrybullet) - doesn't seem to be working

-Nasty Girl Sera (ArXangel) - working

-War Table - No Waiting (Tahira) - just downloaded the last updated version, doesn't seem to be working

-Official patch (not sure why it's on here twice but whatever)

Things seem to go wrong around the "More Influence" stage, which is odd because I configure the multiplier to 2.000, but apparently that's still wrong? Am I just tweaking the modifier incorrectly? I can't tell where the problem is.

Any advice/thoughts/suggestions/tips/ideas would be greatly appreciated! I'd like to finally finish this game one of these days, and ideally using these mods, but if I need to tweak some stuff I'll do what I can!

Thanks!

There are instructions here :http://daimodder.tumblr.com/post/123864968464/dai-mod-manager-tutorial

And also a troubleshooting guide. If you have 2 Official Patches in the list, you already have a problem. Because you are getting an error at More Influence Table the mods after that are not merging at all and so will appear to not be working. You need to go to your patch folder and remove everything except the official patch (under Origin Games > Dragon Age Inquisition > Update - remove any Patch_ModManagerMerge folder) and start again with a smaller selection of mods. A lot of the older mods were made with older patch versions and never updated. Some still work and some don't. Best to read the comments section 1st. I believe More Influence has not worked since patch 9 or so.

If you are still having problems, you can get help on the DAI modding discord server which is still pretty active. https://discord.gg/wzJG7Mq

Thank you kindly! I'll see what I can tweak tonight! I'll also just delete those More Influence mod files from my folder as well, just to avoid confusion. Would there be any way to get rid of one of those two Official Patch headings? The first one says "Required patch: None" and the other says "Required patch: None".

Have a look at this: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/daitools/modmanager-troubleshooting-master-post-t1092.html

If I remember correctly, that particular problem is caused by putting mods in the Mod Manager folder instead of a separate folder or in the DAI installation folder. Can't remember which. Just make sure you have a separate folder for your mods that you want to merge for a particular playthrough and nothing else in that folder. The folder should not be in a subfolder of Mod Manager either.

• 4 weeks later...