Screenshot Community Event: Win one of three prizes!

BigBizkit

In response to post #68779731. #68780176, #69034761, #69035376 are all replies on the same post.

timulika wrote: Jeez...all this arguing over a £25 Steam Gift Card.
Upload a screenie for gits & shiggles. If you win...BONUS!
Have fun. It's not worth blowing a gasket.
Fyrcynn wrote: Sigh... can't blame you for not reading all those walls of text, but you could at least check what the blowing a gasket was about before making assumptions. Thank you, have a nice day.
ajhardy wrote: My dear fellow, if you have not blown a gasket here, then I really don't want to see you blow a gasket.
ajhardy wrote: Fyrcynn - I am an old person. I do not blow a gasket anymore. I wish I could say that this is because I have reach some level of maturity that has rendered me immune to such things. It is not. It is self preservation. I have high blood pressure and if I blew a gasket I would probably have a stroke. My life must be the surface of a lake on a windless day.
So, I ask a favor. Could you please tell me what was worth all of this energy? Could you tell me as concisely and tersely as possible (3 short sentences would be about right and I will be grading you on how concise you are)? I believe this would be helpful to all those who are not retired and do not have to time to read all of this. So, I ask this favor on behalf of the entire community that you seem to want to protect with such vigor.

I considered giving an answer for a bit, but then I found the part about the number of sentences and how you'd be "grading them" and came to the conclusion that you must be joking. That'd make the whole thing lose its context since I'd be forced to omit all the details that draw up what the problems are here, so sorry, but I can't take that request seriously.

And besides, I was asked after a while not to draw out this arguing further if possible, because they want the participants to enjoy the event (regardless of the issues I raised, though it's understandable that rules can't be changed halfway in an event undergoing already and I didn't argue that either), so I have already withdrawn from discussing it any further. I gave up on sending anything to the gallery, so it has nothing to do with me anymore. Sorry if you really wanted to know what was going on, but you'll have to ask someone who's still willing to answer. I, for one, have no desire to be involved in any event here anymore. Edited by Fyrcynn

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #69034481.

vronykah wrote: <cackles to self while fiendishly rubbing palms together> I am so excited to see what comes from this. I have long thought the screenshot community needed some more attention and I love seeing them get it. Further, it gives me the opportunity (as one who doesn't have time to go through the image section daily) an opportunity to see new artists I may have missed in the past. Perhaps this competition will help me find new artists for my community art mod. So excited!

<cackles to self while fiendishly rubbing palms together

Don't.Ever.Do.That.Again !

*Begin to tear his eyes while screaming*

In response to post #68779731. #68780176, #69034761, #69035376, #69060936 are all replies on the same post.

Fyrcynn wrote: Sigh... can't blame you for not reading all those walls of text, but you could at least check what the blowing a gasket was about before making assumptions. Thank you, have a nice day.
ajhardy wrote: My dear fellow, if you have not blown a gasket here, then I really don't want to see you blow a gasket.
ajhardy wrote: Fyrcynn - I am an old person. I do not blow a gasket anymore. I wish I could say that this is because I have reach some level of maturity that has rendered me immune to such things. It is not. It is self preservation. I have high blood pressure and if I blew a gasket I would probably have a stroke. My life must be the surface of a lake on a windless day.
So, I ask a favor. Could you please tell me what was worth all of this energy? Could you tell me as concisely and tersely as possible (3 short sentences would be about right and I will be grading you on how concise you are)? I believe this would be helpful to all those who are not retired and do not have to time to read all of this. So, I ask this favor on behalf of the entire community that you seem to want to protect with such vigor.
Fyrcynn wrote: I considered giving an answer for a bit, but then I found the part about the number of sentences and how you'd be "grading them" and came to the conclusion that you must be joking. That'd make the whole thing lose its context since I'd be forced to omit all the details that draw up what the problems are here, so sorry, but I can't take that request seriously.

And besides, I was asked after a while not to draw out this arguing further if possible, because they want the participants to enjoy the event (regardless of the issues I raised, though it's understandable that rules can't be changed halfway in an event undergoing already and I didn't argue that either), so I have already withdrawn from discussing it any further. I gave up on sending anything to the gallery, so it has nothing to do with me anymore. Sorry if you really wanted to know what was going on, but you'll have to ask someone who's still willing to answer. I, for one, have no desire to be involved in any event here anymore.

No, I wanted to read precisely this.

In response to post #68779731. #68780176, #69034761, #69035376, #69060936, #69080636 are all replies on the same post.

Fyrcynn wrote: I considered giving an answer for a bit, but then I found the part about the number of sentences and how you'd be "grading them" and came to the conclusion that you must be joking. That'd make the whole thing lose its context since I'd be forced to omit all the details that draw up what the problems are here, so sorry, but I can't take that request seriously.

And besides, I was asked after a while not to draw out this arguing further if possible, because they want the participants to enjoy the event (regardless of the issues I raised, though it's understandable that rules can't be changed halfway in an event undergoing already and I didn't argue that either), so I have already withdrawn from discussing it any further. I gave up on sending anything to the gallery, so it has nothing to do with me anymore. Sorry if you really wanted to know what was going on, but you'll have to ask someone who's still willing to answer. I, for one, have no desire to be involved in any event here anymore.
ajhardy wrote: No, I wanted to read precisely this.

Read what? That I won't bother involving myself in events here anymore?

In response to post #68779731. #68780176, #69034761, #69035376, #69060936, #69080636, #69085031 are all replies on the same post.

ajhardy wrote: No, I wanted to read precisely this.
Fyrcynn wrote: Read what? That I won't bother involving myself in events here anymore?

:(