Running Wrye Bash through Vortex

easywolf

Hi,

anyone know why I'd be getting this error whten trying to launch wrye bash via Vortex? (Linked to wrye bash's exe)

Could It be because I downloaded the first file with python add on? I believe I had it working last time, can't remember which version though.

Could it also be because I no longer update skse64? The executable starts just fine and I see the empty bashed patch disabled on the bottom of the load order inside Vortex's plugin area. Also, could be, not surewhy I did this, because i left the option checked on to dl wrye bash for fallout 4....which I dont even play, just Skyrim SE.

Vortex has also been great for me, great program.

Wrye Bash encountered an error.
Please post the information below to the official thread at:
https:/r
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "bash\bash.pyo", line 227, in main
File "bash\bash.pyo", line 260, in _main
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Program Files\\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\\Vortex\\BashBugDump.log'
Would you try uninstalling it and get the standalone version without python? Or just ignore th Vortex wrye bash launcher and use the executable from sse/mopa/wb.exe?
I'm wanting to create my first patch without headaches.

I always use the "Standalone Wryebash EXE" version of wryebash because I don't want to mess around with getting python installed correctly.

So for me, in the Dashboard the TARGET and START IN directories are like this

TARGET - D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy\Wrye Bash.exe

START IN - D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy

So at the lowest level the problem is that Wrye Bash is trying to write a BashBugDump.log in the Vortex directory, and since the Vortex application directory is write protected (as it should be!) that doesn't work.

The question is: Why does Wrye Bash try to write at that location in the first place? The most likely reason is a combination of these:

a) Wrye Bash tries to write this log file in the "current working directory" (basically the directory from where the application was started, unless it specifically changes it)

b) You have Wrye Bash set up (in the starter dashlet) either with 'C:\\Program Files\\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\\Vortex" or nothing at all in the field "Start In". Both would lead to the vortex directory being the cwd.

b should be easy to fix, just set "Start In" to be the directory that contains the wrye bash executable/py file.

Everything is where it's supposed to be...i hope i can delete it. Wrye bash...ssseedit...really have no time for noobs lol.

The first files are usually the standalones, but it was the 3rd, no idea why i needed python.

Just get the stand alone Wryebash.exe version instead, then you don't need Python.

Reinstalled the stand alone version...same error...ill just not run wrye bash through vortex I guess

When I 'install" wryebash, I just drag the MOPY folder to Game Folder

EX: D:\Games\Steam\Steamapps\common\Fallout4\Mopy

Then I just set the TARGET and START IN directories in the Vortex Dashboard

TARGET - D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy\Wrye Bash.exe

This works flawlessly.

Please elaborate on how YOU are going about installing Wryebash

Because from your error message, it sounds like you're putting Wryebash in your Vortex Folder?

Reinstalled the stand alone version...same error...ill just not run wrye bash through vortex I guess

Exactly what I did this time

This was the part that was missing. I thought I never had to type anything in this area, like for sssedit, loot, etc

This works flawlessly now thanks for your help Its appreciated.

Please elaborate on how YOU are going about installing Wryebash

Because from your error message, it sounds like you're putting Wryebash in your Vortex Folder?

Exactly what I did this time

This was the part that was missing. I thought I never had to type anything in this area, like for sssedit, loot, etc

This works flawlessly now thanks for your help Its appreciated.

"START IN" is very important.

At least it's working now.