[Dawnguard - Spoiler]Curing Serana's Vampirism (Request)

DelariusAthradien

After completing the Dawnguard storyline and slaying Harkon, I asked Serana if she wanted to cure herself. She blew me off and told me to never talk about it again, no matter what options I chose.

Since I can't restart Dawnguard to pick the correct early dialogue option, I was hoping for a mod that forces the dialogue option to convince Serana to cure herself.

I was nice and supportive of Serana throughout the storyline, and I was a little let down when I found out that there isn't a way to get her cured since I brought it up when she first appeared in Fort Dawnguard.

So, to any well versed modders out there, I'd appreciate it if someone made a mod that fixes this little mistake.

I agree, removing her vampiric characteristics and powers would be realistic. Though I'm willing to make the small sacrifice if I can at least have the option to cure her.

My character is level 40 and has completed all main faction quests, I really don't want to start from scratch for just one detail.

For a scripter should be a piece of piss since Serana is in Dawnguard actually a Nord rather than a Vampire, hence she does not look all shrivelled but 'pretty'. So should be pretty easy to do for someone with the skills. The sad fact is I suck at scripting, however if noone fixes the the vampire turns you into a dirty assed beaky monster thing in the next couple of weeks I'll have to learn how to do it myself (I know which scripts and where they are - just need a decent editor that works and do a bit of tiral and error I imagine) - but hopefully rather than wait for me to get bored waiting for talented people to do it for me, someone will step up to the plate in the meantime.

If you haven't got the "I'm not talking about this with you any more." line yet after finishing the main dawnguard quest on the Dawnguard side, and you already have asked her about getting a cure and got the "I'm not letting go of this gift" line, try the following console command:

setPapyrusQuestVar XX002b6e ToldPlayerSheDidntWantCure_var False

The game will act like you've never asked her about the cure before the end of the main quest. If you ask her about that, you'll get the "No... why?" line, and from there it's ridiculously easy to get her to cure herself.

A person with more scripting abilities than me can use that knowledge to maybe make the mod as requested.

Note: The XX there is the number Dawnguard is in our load order. If it's the third file, it'll be 02 IIRC.

Edited by mikethorgeo

You don't need a mod for this

I had the same problem and I just played a bit with console commands

What I did

open console

help "Serana" 4

you will get some lines and among them one about a quest she can do to cure her vampirism and you will get the ID of this quest (02005044)

close console

make a save

open console

Setstage 02005044 0

close console

try to talk to Serana she will have no dialog option and say something about "I have to do it now"

go to dawnguard.

wait there 72 hours +

Serana is back and cured

hire Serana

job done

edit : she has strange yellow eyes

Edited by Cemanana

Tried both solutions.

I figured that I would type the command as:

setPapyrusQuestVar 00002b6e ToldPlayerSheDidntWantCure_var False

(The "00" in place of XX because it's first on my load order.)

But that didn't work. I may have typed it wrong.

I used the "Setstage 02005044 0" command and it worked, but like you said, her eyes were glitched into a yellow color with normal irises.

All I would need now is a fix for her eyes, unless I can get the first command to work properly.

Edited by DelariusAthradien

If you haven't got the "I'm not talking about this with you any more." line yet after finishing the main dawnguard quest on the Dawnguard side, and you already have asked her about getting a cure and got the "I'm not letting go of this gift" line, try the following console command:

setPapyrusQuestVar XX002b6e ToldPlayerSheDidntWantCure_var False

The game will act like you've never asked her about the cure before the end of the main quest. If you ask her about that, you'll get the "No... why?" line, and from there it's ridiculously easy to get her to cure herself.

A person with more scripting abilities than me can use that knowledge to maybe make the mod as requested.

Note: The XX there is the number Dawnguard is in our load order. If it's the third file, it'll be 02 IIRC.

thank you mikethorgeo that console command code you posted saved me, I had made the mistake of talking to serena about curing herself when I first meet her and then later on in the game when I asked again, she was mad, but I loaded save before asking her again and then used setPapyrusQuestVar 02002b6e ToldPlayerSheDidntWantCure_var False and was able to get her to go cure herself!..