NPC's won't use things like the Forge, Sawmill, etc.

Tearoth

So i've noticed how Alvor stands near his forge, but doesn't actually use it anymore. He either stands staring into thin air, or sits on his chair eating bread. He never uses his forge. Same goes for all the other cities. It's also Hod and his sawmill, and other interactive actions the NPC's usually do. People do still use the broom and do gardening and such, though. But smithing, sharpening wheel, lumber mills, etc aren't being used.

I'm running a decent amount of mods, and i suspected either Immersive Citizens, Relationship Dialogue Overhaul, or something similar would be the issue. But to no prevail. I've started new games without any of those mods enabled, and it still happens.

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

you can try to fast travel to another town and traveling back. its a bug don't bother with it. make sure you have USLEEP and running FNIS everytime you adding a mod. hope this will help

I tried. It happens to everyone in the game.

you can try to fast travel to another town and traveling back. its a bug don't bother with it. make sure you have USLEEP and running FNIS everytime you adding a mod. hope this will help

strange, try to wait few days (usually if there is a attacker they won't move, so i suggest you download "Run for Your Lives mod" https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23906/), you can try to load earlier save before this thing happening. also there is "resetAi" command it reset the npc's ai (don't use the quote). hope this will help you.

• 5 months later...

strange, try to wait few days (usually if there is a attacker they won't move, so i suggest you download "Run for Your Lives mod" https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23906/), you can try to load earlier save before this thing happening. also there is "resetAi" command it reset the npc's ai (don't use the quote). hope this will help you.

None of these solutions seems to work, sadly. It's not an animation issue either. It's definitely something to do with the objects themselves. 'Cause the NPC's all move towards the object, but just stands in front of it.

If you can use the objects then the activator is still there, maybe somehow the objects were checked to be ignored by sandbox or npcs ai have been worked over. Never heard of npcs not being able to use furnitures, don't think script lag would be culprit.

Try going in with bare bones load order, 15-25 mods. If that dont work you would have to start a new game with no mods. If it works with 15-25 mods add chunks at a time. If it is messed up with no mods your base is compromised and you need to go into steam and verify integrity of files, which means you have to reclean masters and start from scratch.