Custom Packages Strike Again!

ThiagoAlex

Hi

So Here I Am Again With Package Problems.

Straight to It, I've Made Custom Packages to Schedule Custom NPC's Day, They Worked Fine While The Mod Was An .esp, But I Had To Change it to .esm(File Header on FnvEdit) to Fix The Mismatch Body/Face Color On Darker Skins, Now When I Load the Game(Tried Current and Clean Save) The NPC's Start The Package That's Scheduled For The In-Game Time and it Works, But When They're Supposed to Switch to The Next, They Simply Stand Still Where They Are, Doing Nothing.
When I Resurrect/Get Current Package They Have The Right Package Running.

(The Schedules Are Not Conflicting or With Wrong Flags/References, I Double Checked. And It Was Working Before as I Mentioned)

What Is Wrong?

Also, Thanks For Dubiousintent and RoyBatterian For The Advice On The Last Post, Didn't Have The Time To Work on The Mod For a While, and When I do, More Trouble.

Did you see the 'TIP When can you use an ESM only mod' entry under the 'Misc Topics' section of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article?

From 'TIP Making NPCs move aka AI Packages':

An NPC not waking up from sleep is an indication the time schedule conflicts with another package. All it should need is a package type of Sleep, a schedule time and duration (do not allow the times to overlap with other packages), flag enable fallout behavior & for location: the name of a cell or a linked reference (which needs to be selected) or a near reference (if you have multiple beds for instance and don't care which they use).

The key points are: do you have a schedule conflict (try putting at least one minute between scheduled events for testing), and 2) do you have the location designated?

Typically you would use an EVP function to cause the packages to be re-evaluated. Bear in mind the first set of package conditions to be evaluated as "true" will always be the "winner".

-Dubious-

Well, As I Said, Schedules Are Not Conflicting (They Were Working As Esp) and I Do Have The Location Designed.

Q: Do I Need to Add Any Condition or Script to The Actor? The Packages are Only Patrols, Sandbox, Sleep and Eat, Nothing More.

Also, How do I Add a Minute Between Schedules? The Min Time For a Package Is an Hour.

Maybe I'll Try Creating an Esp and an Esm, But I've Already Created Everything That I Wanted on That First Plug Which is Now an Esm, What Should The Esp Have?

Scripts and such will break once the mod is ESM if their ID contains numbers, or if they reference an Object with numbers in their ID; Reference ID or otherwise.

Failing that: You can attempt this alternative method for generating skin textures to avoid having to distribute your mod as ESM. I haven't gotten around to trying it myself though.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/articles/55233/

Packages require an Hour minimum for schedules. This is for the best given that one IRL minute is thirty minutes in the game world.

If you want your NPC to do a variety of things during a specific part of their schedule, you can tailor a Sandbox package to your preferences, such as having the npc use Idle Markers, but ignore furniture.

Edited by Radioactivelad

So,I Read About The Numbers on ID's But Everyone Says That It Can't Start With Numbers.
You're Saying That it Can't Have Numbers at All ?

Because All My Packages Have Numbers at the End of Their ID's.

Edited by ThiagoAlex

Alright I 100% know What's Going on.
It's a NavMesh Bug in One of The Cells, Here's How I Discovered.
I Noticed That Some NPC's Were Working Fine, Also I Noticed That All Stuck NPC's Were At the Same Side of the Camp, So I Pushed They To Other Cell and Guess What, They Started Moving Again.
Well Now The Question Changes Completely, What Can Cause This?
Becase I Know That the NavMesh Is Done on That Cell(And Again, it Was Working Perfectly On ESP)
It's on a Exterior Cell In Case You're Wandering, When I First Started the Mod I Didn't Knew About NavMesh So I Created It on a 4 Cell Intersection lol.
I Will Post Some Screen Shots Later.

Edited by ThiagoAlex

Do you have a "North Marker" placed in that cell?

If your NPCs take off for parts unknown when following a package, make sure you have a "North Marker" placed in the cell.

See also 'TIP Finding cell North in GECK' in the "Worldspaces" section of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article.

-Dubious-

Exterior Cells, Don't Have North Markers Right?

Check The Screen Shots.

The Bottom Left Cell Is The Problematic One, See The Front and Tower Guard NPC Standing Still(There's Two on The Right Tower, One Is Running a Patrol Package The Other and The Front One Should Be Eating At The Restaurant Cell).

Weird Thing is That They Enter The Cell, Use Some Idle or Furniture Marker and Then Get Stuck(Look The NPC At The Workbench He's Running an Eat Package That Also Should Be On The Restaurant Cell.

Edited by ThiagoAlex