Cyclic Interaction without rules?

Only1meekO

Sad story, so I purged and uninstalled Skyrim, manually deleted anything Skyrim related except for Vortex and had Revo Uninstaller double check it. Vortex still picks up on dependencies for mods I don't have installed. I don't understand how this can happen. Is there some back-track function in Vortex that would enable me see how/where the dependency got picked up? I mean I have a rule for SMPC.esp on my .esm's and on other mods too...

Sad story, so I purged and uninstalled Skyrim, manually deleted anything Skyrim related except for Vortex and had Revo Uninstaller double check it. Vortex still picks up on dependencies for mods I don't have installed. I don't understand how this can happen. Is there some back-track function in Vortex that would enable me see how/where the dependency got picked up? I mean I have a rule for SMPC.esp on my .esm's and on other mods too...

You're the only one reporting this problem, so.....when you PURGED your mods, did you also UNINSTALL them or no?

If not, then that's probably why you're still seeing remnants

Also, there are certain mods that require other mods as masters or as patches, and have dependencies with other mods.

It'd be helpful to know what mods you're using

I'm not even sure if you're using Skyrim LE or SKyrim SE

It could be because you're using the wrong mods for the wrong game too.

Until we get info we can't help

Hey guys, so I got back to looking at it all, and I'm pretty sure my troubles are the doing of my past self who uninstalled and deleted my previous Skyrim installation & mods like a monkey. I'll be wiping my computer clean within the next months and will try again with current experiences in the bag and I'm sure it'll all rune smooth and well.

Thank you all for your time with this issue. I'll leave this for the time being, if I manage to get the same errors after the reboot I'll make sure to pick this thread back up. I intended to lock it but I can't seem to find the button or I'm blind. :confused: Again, thanks a lot to all of you for your time and effort.

Cheers,

meekO
Edited by Only1meekO

Hey guys, so I got back to looking at it all, and I'm pretty sure my troubles are the doing of my past self who uninstalled and deleted my previous Skyrim installation & mods like a monkey. I'll be wiping my computer clean within the next months and will try again with current experiences in the bag and I'm sure it'll all rune smooth and well.
Thank you all for your time with this issue. I'll leave this for the time being, if I manage to get the same errors after the reboot I'll make sure to pick this thread back up. I intended to lock it but I can't seem to find the button or I'm blind. :confused: Again, thanks a lot to all of you for your time and effort.
Cheers,
meekO

OK, keep us posted :)

• 2 months later...