Deployment Failed...... After 2 days of troubleshooting.

5FingerButtPunch

Deployment failing for 4 FILES!!! Skin color keeps switching on head, and body. Character meshes/textures keep changing between different mods. Despite what I feel is a very solid load order, and dependency settings. No, conflicting, or redundant files. It was initially everything (18K+ files failing) After 2 days of running fixes. Changing download, and staging locations. Which helped substantially. Issue reduced to less than 100 files. Resolved virus protection issues. I think. (Seriously, f*** Microsoft Defender, and lack of 3rd party protection support!) Brought down to 4 files at this point.... I believe. Then got Archive Invalidation going. Which temporarily fixes skin swap (lasts an in game session, or two). Found as many things to change as I possibly could. But I'm at wits end. I found the log, and despite best efforts. I still don't understand any of that. Probably from brain being fried. Trying to find useful info between Microsoft, and 3rd party support just blaming each other for issues. (turns out it was Microsoft) Brain Dead, and I don't know of any other potential fixes. Out of gas. Can send log, and diagnosis files if needed. But I tried desperately not to bother anyone. This was my cluster f*#@ to deal with lol. Any help is super appreciated. Huge thanks to anyone in advance for help.

Edited by 5FingerButtPunch

You provide a lot of text, but none of it says what you think Vortex is doing wrong.

Mesh and texture issues are not a mod manager responsibility.

After Vortex does a Deploy, you can stop Vortex to keep it simple. Unlike Mod Organizer, Vortex does not need to be running.

Look in your game directory. You should see the meshes and textures - as well as all your mods - you expect to see in Data.

If you find anything missing, or added to your game directory incorrectly - we may have some suggestions.

Unless Vortex reports an error - there won't be anything interesting in Vortex log files.

And to keep the powers that be happy:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7332636-how-to-post-request-support-for-vortex/

Deployment failing for 4 FILES!!! Skin color keeps switching on head, and body. Character meshes/textures keep changing between different mods. Despite what I feel is a very solid load order, and dependency settings. No, conflicting, or redundant files. It was initially everything (18K+ files failing) After 2 days of running fixes. Changing download, and staging locations. Which helped substantially. Issue reduced to less than 100 files. Resolved virus protection issues. I think. (Seriously, f*** Microsoft Defender, and lack of 3rd party protection support!) Brought down to 4 files at this point.... I believe. Then got Archive Invalidation going. Which temporarily fixes skin swap (lasts an in game session, or two). Found as many things to change as I possibly could. But I'm at wits end. I found the log, and despite best efforts. I still don't understand any of that. Probably from brain being fried. Trying to find useful info between Microsoft, and 3rd party support just blaming each other for issues. (turns out it was Microsoft) Brain Dead, and I don't know of any other potential fixes. Out of gas. Can send log, and diagnosis files if needed. But I tried desperately not to bother anyone. This was my cluster f*** to deal with lol. Any help is super appreciated. Huge thanks to anyone in advance for help.

OK, not one mention of the mods you're using, or even what GAME you're using them in.

We're going to need some INFORMATION

TL;DR and precise incidents in order listed at bottom. Along with what I actually hope to get out of posting here. The bulk of the rest of this is explaining why certain details were excluded. Some were intentional, others were not. Really sorry about lack of clarity, and lack of substance.

I tried to avoid being specific on a lot of the details, because I already knew trying to explain two days of garbage was already going to be really long. I thought I was being considerate by leaving some of it out. I am sorry I didn't do that well at all. (reread my post, and I'm a little embarrassed that I did such a bad job) Alright, last long one. I'll get everything out, and I will be precise. I will keep things short in future, if you decide to get back to me again.

I didn't mention specific mods because there are nearly 90 of them running, and this problem showed up after I had already been using the mods for 2 consecutive days without incident, and didn't add anything else.

I thought the MODS failing to deploy was information, and might be indicative of at least the kind of issue I was having. But I realize now. That I didn't even say what that was. Again, brain dead after 2 days straight of this s***.

But the "Some Files Failed to Deploy" prompt was what I was given. It is a red notification that pops up in the top right corner at the end of deployment. It implies that I have other programs accessing the mods, and is the only prompt I have seen. Even the ones I have seen other people report with the "Some Files Failed to Deploy" notice. Have all said the same thing. That some other application, or program might be accessing them, and to check the log for details. While not mentioning where the log is, or that it isn't even something you can access within Vortex. I have only ever seen that specific problem as the cause for Failed to Deploy. But I know for certain that I have nothing else accessing mods (at least, not with my permission) I am incredibly sorry for not being specific.

I am doing all of this on Fallout New Vegas. I got to the forum through New Vegas's section of Nexus. So I thought this was already in that part of the forum, and that this was specifically for Vortex Support on FNV. As it switches me over to New Vegas Forum when I come from Nexus. I won't be making that assumption again. Apologies.

Also, the troubleshooting I mentioned. I managed to remove almost all of the more common issues I saw regarding this notification. I was hoping that I potentially narrowed that list of common issues by explaining some of the problems I still had (outside of just the prompt I was still getting), and all of the troubleshooting I already did. I have every confidence that this is still a fowl up on my end. Really sorry I wasn't being concise, or if I am in the "Wrong part of Town." so to speak. But I have been getting issues with ONLY 4 MODS failing to deploy for a couple of days now, and if any of the issues I had explained might explain what was going on. Why only 4 files are off, and doing who the f*** only knows. With some strange program they don't even know is beyond me.

Vortex support seemed the best place to go. Because I might not yet understand how the load order, or setting up dependencies works. Even though feel mostly confident. That, or if I have stray files somewhere, and don't realize. Unfortunately, Vortex is not incredibly specific on where to find the log, and the log itself isn't exactly easily understood if you are new to modding with it, or modding in general. I know my profile has been active for over a year, or whatever. But my PC prior to this took a s*** on me, and nearly 10 of those months I was without a computer. So, I am still pretty new to all of this.

So, my issue with Vortex. Is that I simply don't understand it yet apparently, and I am not sure if there are any other common issues that newer people have. That would cause this to be a problem I may have missed in the whole mess explained earlier. I really hope that helps. My messages after this will be much shorter since everything is hopefully explained at this point.

TL;DR/ and quick recap just to keep everything comprehensive.

1) Got a prompt saying that over 18K+ files failed to deploy. It is a red Prompt in corner that says "Some Files Failed to deploy", and implies I have other applications/ programs accessing the files. Also, says to refer to the log for details. Without specifying where log is located. This appears after deployment.

2) Placed Download, and Staging locations to more appropriate space. Fixed Most of the issues. Down to less than 100 files failing in same prompt after deployment.

3) There is an issue with Windows Defender (Virus Protection) that f*#@s with your PC, and Vortex's ability to write to documents. If you use 3rd party protection. Resolved that, and Failed files is reduced to only 4 left in Red Prompt after deployment. (this was the bulk of the 2 days)

4) After digging through files, and some apparently bad advice in other forums. I am still at 4 failing.

5) I am on Fallout New Vegas. I have almost 90 mods running. They lasted for 2 days successfully. If you still want mod list I will provide. But I did not alter it when everything suddenly broke, or at least finally told me it was broken.

I do not understand the log. I do not know what else is failing, and I don't know what else to possibly look for. I need someone to either provide a fix, translate the log, or at least point me in the right direction.

Lets start with the easy part.

Click the three dots in the upper right of the Vortex display. Then select Diagnostic Files.

Click one in the time range of interest.

Copy a few of the lines with the red Error indicator and paste them here.

We will see where that leads.

Guest deleted34304850

i read your sermon. i have absolutely no clue what your problem is.

if you want help learn to be concise and stick to the point.

//ESSAY SNIPPED//

Never mind, I'm going to let rmm200 handle it, I've run out of patience wading through paragraphs of text that don't provide the information already asked for in my first post.

rmm200 - for better or worse - will be out of town this weekend.

I was hoping to see this resolved by the time I get back Monday...

//ESSAY SNIPPED//

Never mind, I'm going to let rmm200 handle it, I've run out of patience wading through paragraphs of text that don't provide the information already asked for in my first post.

rmm200 - for better or worse - will be out of town this weekend.

I was hoping to see this resolved by the time I get back Monday...

LOL, By Monday I'll be on Chapter 6 of his reply.

I gave a TL;DR at the bottom, and even said at the top that such a thing existed. Also, that from now on my posts were going to be shorter, and was going to put out one last long one. Just have everything I had already done as available information. Glad reading has become a difficult thing to do. Because that is literally all in the first paragraph. If you didn't want to read the whole thing. You didn't have to, and I even provided the info on how to avoid that. I don't want anyone thinking I'm pissed at them either I totally appreciate that you even gave the time of day to try to help, and I completely understand not wanting to deal with all of this s#*!.