Fallout 4 mods dont work

Khanaaan

i started playing fallout 4 with mods directly activated ingame... it worked all fine... then i wanted to play with a mod wich wasn't supported in the ingame mods section... so i deleted all mods ingeame, downloaded vortex, singed up to nexus and downloaded a few mods via Vortex mod manager... i installed and enebled them.... i started the game.... after a few minutes i recognised that some mods are missing... so i checked wich are missing... and not even one mod was working... so i went to look in the web... but as some time went by i find out i just set it up all fine... but still playin' vanilla...

why are my mods not working??

Diud you install them but not enable? Did you start a new game? Did you follow the install instructions? Is the game fully updated

How about reading carefully?? why do i have to start a new game?? with the ingame downloaded modhub its possible without deleting progress... i tryed it thoug... didn't work aswell...

You can also try something really old school -- restart your computer. :smile:

i kinda did... but after i did so i had to change sometings... at least some of the should work if 'restart the computer' is the solution...

Diud you install them but not enable? Did you start a new game? Did you follow the install instructions? Is the game fully updated

How about reading carefully?? why do i have to start a new game?? with the ingame downloaded modhub its possible without deleting progress... i tryed it thoug... didn't work aswell...

You can also try something really old school -- restart your computer. :smile:

i kinda did... but after i did so i had to change sometings... at least some of the should work if 'restart the computer' is the solution...

Y'all still didn't answer my questions. Can't help without that.

Actually no, Bethesda.net let's you download and install mods, yes, but you still should start a new game, it is a BAD idea to install and uninstall mods in your current game because you will end up with orphaned scripts etc that will eventually destroy your save.

That's why Augusta asked if you started a new game.

Also, the reason she asked if you installed but didn't enable, is because in Vortex, you need to INSTALL the mod, then you need to DEPLOY the mod in order for it to work.

@HadToRegister

Actually it was the good DoctorKaizeld who asked that question. I am honored to be mistaken for her.

@HadToRegister

Actually it was the good DoctorKaizeld who asked that question. I am honored to be mistaken for her.

Lol yeah that was me

Whoops!