Anyone else disappointed with the Stormcloak questline?

cartersj

I just finished the Stormcloak questline today. I could never bring myself to do it because I always felt bad at Whiterun when forcing Balgruff to submit and Vignar walks in there, so I always reloaded an earlier save. I thought I needed to see what the ending was though so I finally finished it. It gave me the distinct impression that the Stormcloaks were closer to the bad guys than the Imperials (something I had always suspected).

A). We all have to admit Ulfic's intentions are less than honorable. The last conversation between he and Galmar really gave that away. He just wanted to be king.

B). General Tullius' last words made sense. The Empire never planned to go out quietly, the military was always preparing for another war, but it was the Aldmeri Dominion who started the troubles in Skyrim. (I wonder if they contacted Ulfric by chance?)

C). Without Skyrim, the Empire may not be able to defeat the Aldmeri Dominion, and Skyrim by itself certainly won't be able to. Regardless of what you may think (I'm not taking arguments on this one), Skyrim doesn't have the power to withstand an empire that was able to give the Empire, made of many provinces, a run for it's money.

D). No one actually likes the Dominion, and no one helps them "enforce" their ban on Talos worship, which will most likely be lifted when the Empire renews war with the Dominion.

All that aside, Bethesda really put a twist into TES. Instead of it all being about one game, and one main story that ends at that game's end, the story from Skyrim might continue to the next game. Maybe we'll get to participate in the war with the Aldmeri. Or at least in an expansion maybe? Anyways, I hope the next game is in Valenwood or Hammerfell.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just give me another vision of the Civil War.I always side with Ulfric,because i believe in Talos,but his "cause" it's not honorable,i always knew that all what he wants is to e a King,but i didn't want to believe.Now i know that The Empire is the one who deserve to win.The Imperial Soldiers always say that the Empire is what is keeping the Aldmeri Dominion out of Skyrim,but when you are a Stormcloak,this is hard to believe.Thank you,now i will join The Empire immediately.

You said that you hope that next game to be in Valenwood or Hammerfell,i hope that the next game be in all of Tamriel. :tongue:

Whenever I talk to Ulfric, he seems like patriot. I think people hear what they want to hear, because all I hear from Imperials is that their stabbing arm is getting flabby and they can't wait to kill another of Ulfric's boys. That's when I kill them.

Ulfric intentions are to be high king. Not sure why that is a crime to people but it's his right. And at the end, he even chooses not to take the thrown until the moot decide, which is pretty admirable considering that he could just take the crown anytime he wants.

Whenever I talk to Ulfric, he seems like patriot. I think people hear what they want to hear, because all I hear from Imperials is that their stabbing arm is getting flabby and they can't wait to kill another of Ulfrics boys.

The Stormcloaks say this too,"The next Imperial i see is dead" or "I can't wait to kill another Imperial".

Whenever I talk to Ulfric, he seems like patriot. I think people hear what they want to hear, because all I hear from Imperials is that their stabbing arm is getting flabby and they can't wait to kill another of Ulfric's boys. That's when I kill them.

Ulfric intentions are to be high king. Not sure why that is a crime to people but it's his right. And at the end, he even chooses not to take the thrown until the moot decide, which is pretty admirable considering that he could just take the crown anytime he wants.

Of course neither side is perfect, but I feel the Empire is the lesser of the two evils (neither side is truly *evil* though). I've heard some people talking about the Imperials robbing them on the road and such. I think the Stormcloaks themselves are being deceived by Ulfric, because he clearly says he is fighting for an independent Skyrim, but we know he wouldn't be fighting if there wasn't a way for him to have the power. Besides, Talos worship was never truly outlawed until Ulfric started making a noise about it being against the law. The Empire was really just turning a blind eye to the whole thing, but then when Ulfric started everything the Aldmeri Dominion got wind of it. The Empire still doesn't help the Aldmeri Dominion in finding Talos worshipers. Besides, as I said, the Empire was going to eventually begin the war with the Aldmeri again, and undo everything set up in the White-Gold Concordat.

You just give me another vision of the Civil War.I always side with Ulfric,because i believe in Talos,but his "cause" it's not honorable,i always knew that all what he wants is to e a King,but i didn't want to believe.Now i know that The Empire is the one who deserve to win.The Imperial Soldiers always say that the Empire is what is keeping the Aldmeri Dominion out of Skyrim,but when you are a Stormcloak,this is hard to believe.Thank you,now i will join The Empire immediately.

You said that you hope that next game to be in Valenwood or Hammerfell,i hope that the next game be in all of Tamriel. :tongue:

Glad to help out. And by the way, Elder Scrolls: Arena is set in all Tamriel.

I'm playing for Impire. I hate Stormcloaks, because his lider is a barbarian he don't understand that his revolt is favourable to Aldmer Dominion. Elfs going to destroy whole Tamriel.

Nevertheless, at first time I was playing for Stormcloaks, because I didn't understand who this boys is.

Edited by RussoBeast

And at the end, he even chooses not to take the throne until the moot decide, which is pretty admirable considering that he could just take the crown anytime he wants.

That is a very....naive opinion. Ulfric DID take the crown. His pretty speech about the moot was all just a show. Did you hear the dialogue that followed the speech? Or did you just tune out the exchange between Ulfric and Galmar? You've certainly proven one of your points though, about hearing what we prefer.

Galmar: "Nice touch about the High King."

Ulfric: "Thanks, I thought so too."

Galmar: "It's a foregone conclusion you know."

Ulfric: "Oh....I know."

Edited by Kraeten

And at the end, he even chooses not to take the throne until the moot decide, which is pretty admirable considering that he could just take the crown anytime he wants.

That is a very....naive opinion. Ulfric DID take the crown. His pretty speech about the moot was all just a show. Did you hear the dialogue that followed the speech? Or did you just tune out the exchange between Ulfric and Galmar? You've certainly proven one of your points though, about hearing what we prefer.

Galmar: "Nice touch about the High King."

Ulfric: "Thanks, I thought so too."

Galmar: "It's a foregone conclusion you know."

Ulfric: "Oh....I know."

Pretty much the same thing happens if you choose the Imperials. They will convene a moot, and it will be forced to accept Elisif as High Queen.