MO2 can't save clean Mods

Akarda

OK, here is the situation, I recently Set up and learned how to use MO2 and quick cleaning. however the mods that i try to clean wont save. i get the error "Can not rename -common/Skyrim SE/Data/MOD" to common/Skyrim/Data/SSEEdit/MOD backup" then i get "please check the files in your data path"

so i went searching, watched a few YT videos on how to, checked to make sure i had everything installed correctly. check what else could keep it from changing, then i looked into my computer and read a few help post there. then i added the administrative privileges to SKSE, SKYRIM, LOOT, MO2, SSEEdit then got rid of the read only tab on the skyrim folder (more accurately the contents in the folder) and. . . . . i reached a dead end. the files are in the right location as far as i'm aware. and I've been at this for hours now. i know i'm missing something but i'm not experienced enough to narrow it down from here. I would appreciate the help.

the OP is a windows 10 which I learned, is a pain the hard way.

• 2 weeks later...

i think its a problem with the mod path. its probably better if you create new MO2 mod files outside skyrim root folder, go to the MO2 setting and set the base of the directory, first you create it make a name like "MOD", then go to MO2 settings and set the base path to "that" folder. don't forget to set the file to "writeable". hope this will help