Cleanup Castle Volkihar / Dawnguard Fort!

Kallisto07

Hello!

I apologize if this request was already received by the modding community. Unfortunately I was only able to hit page 3 before I was given a 502 error, and the website subsequently crashed.

I really love it when modders spruce up existing player bases. So I felt compelled to put in a request for the modding community to really clean up Castle Volkihar as well as the Dawnguard fort. I'll list a few personal points below.

Castle Volkihar:

-Clean up all the cobwebs

-Clean up all the body parts

-Remove the feeding from the front room

-Have a separate feeding / messy bloody room off to the side

-Clean up all the rubble / closed off doors by adding more rooms / new initiate's chambers

-Clean up the Castle Ruins after completion of the quest

-Beautify the garden (have sections for the dead looking plants, but clean up the rubble / dead shrubbery; replace with nicer looking plant life. Possibly even the glowing tube-plants, and other glowing plants found in the Darkfall Cave system. Beef up Valerica(sp)'s garden!)

-Add an optional thrall (male / female) to be placed inside the cage within Harkon's chamber (yours).

-Add a Death hound pit!

-Spread out the coffins / add rooms for the vampires to sleep

-Add passageways / secret entrances to the Castle's undercroft accessible from the main part of the Castle

-Cleanup the side port with lights, and a working crew of vampire guards (and/or) thralls (and/or) hired humans

-Add living Human Cattle (and/or) Vampire Initiate's (and/or) Patrolling Skeletal guards in the Ruins / Undercroft

-Clean up the Mara Statue / Shrine

-Add a Torture Room with Dawnguard members in cages / shackled to the wall

(Just a quick explanation as to why I'd like the vampire castle cleaned. I understand these vampires are gruesome, and ruthless monsters. However, I'm really fond of the old school fake elegance on the front with an atrocious dirty closet vampire facade. Just like Bram Stoker's Dracula having this beautiful foreboding castle, yet pits of pure despair underneath the surface. I love all the carnage in the castle, but would prefer it hidden / a surprise for passerby guests.)

Fort Dawnguard:

-Clean up those ugly cobwebs!

-Straighten up the furniture

-Add more lights / torches on the walls

-Add a torture room with vampires

-Clean up the messy dishes on the table / straighten them up / add a feast

-Spread out those cots / add proper rooms for Dawnguard members to sleep

-Add a chapel of some kind! Perhaps to Akatosh, or even Talos

-Clean up / spread out the crafting and armory section. (This is a vampire hunting mini-army after all! The more displayed weapons / trophies the better!)

That's all I can think of at the moment. I've finished the Dawnguard main questline twice, but didn't play much after finishing those characters. So I apologize if any of these changes are implemented after a period of time by the vanilla expansion.

Would you also like to see these player bases' cleaned up? Please add your lists below!

Edited by Kallisto07

• 2 weeks later...

I figured I'd give a little update to this topic.

There was a refurbished Volkihar mod in the works, but sadly the modder has discontinued his / her work due to game breaking glitches with the soul cairn portal.

Currently there is a mod that at least cleans up the castle; http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22254

There is a Dawnguard Fort mod available I haven't check out in game yet. Here is a link to the mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22263

Should any modder find these suggestions relevant, and possible; please refurbish Castle Volkihar to the splendid vampire playerbase it was intended!

Thank you!

Edited by Kallisto07

I have already Started to overhaul the Castle Volkihar without the gamebreaking bug that the previous modder of the place had....I will eventually make the cleanup be able to be bought from a vendor for gold..... mod page ..... http://www.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22835 Edited by Forzane

What is with that torture chamber in Fort Dawnguard in the vanilla DLC? That shouldn't be there. It ought to be removed. I thought that the Dawnguard were supposed to be good guys. I guess they are just like the Silver Hand. maybe when I get done killing the vampires, I should go kill the Dawnguard to return justice and righteousness to the land.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Castle Volkihar Redux by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR is the most comprehensive upgrade to Castle Volkihar I have yet seen anywhere. It turns Castle volkihar into a town and player home, with perks, secret passages, followers, guards, tavern, all crafting stations with 25% bonus when used, new robes of "Molag Bal", three new towers, a teleportation system inside the castle and for 6 major cities. 12 follower ready bedrooms, a vault, a display room, blood bath with bonus buff, special blessing from molag bal at his shrine, swimming area, over 20 NPC's roaming the castle, 11 of which are followers, 4 fast travels, ships that take you to ports all over tamriel .. to name a few for starters.

Castle Volkihar Redux by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR:

on the nexus http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30861/

on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=129969995

Make sure you uninstall any other mods that change castle volkihar or you will have crashes to desktop as they will most definitely conflict.

Edited by Hannibalektr