Alright, I seriously need some help here.

EisenhammerTec

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the managed tab Fallout only has the following options.

Show Details: Which displays last updated, path, score, ect.

Officially Supported: Which is just a little medal thing that does nothing.

61 Active Mods: Which cannot be selected. (I can go to "mods" right above plugins and see the mods.)

The Fallout 4 tile itself doesn't do anything when clicked.

OK - Scan does not find the game - because it is already managed. You failed to mention that little detail.

Vortex has three categories for games.

Supported - games that are supported, but not Discovered or Managed.

Discovered - Games that Scan has picked up, but are not managed yet.

Managed - Supported games that have been discovered and are now managed.

Not the way I would have done it - but it is the way it is.

I really think this boils down to a Permissions issue, maybe enforced by an AV or Defender.

Putting games and auxiliary directories in the Windows Programs directory is just asking for trouble.

If it were me:

I would pick a place for my Steam games, preferably not my boot drive, but you might only have one.

Something like D:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common.

For each game you want to move, tell Steam the new location. Steam will move it.

Now in Vortex, for each game, tell Vortex where the Downloads and Mods directories are.

Pick something like D:/Vortex/Downloads and D:/Vortex/Mods. Mods has to be on the same disk as your game for hard links reasons.

I can't guarantee this will fix your problem, but is is Best Practice (according to me) and is worth a shot.

As I sort of indicated, C:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common would work just as well. Only important thing is to get them out of Windows access controlled locations.

Only reason to get them off the C drive - if possible - is to avoid cluttering up your boot drive with non-Windows files.

I will have to defer to others for advice in how to use your current configuration.

I will say if you just try one game - like Fallout 4, it should not be too hard to move. See if it fixes it.

The settings "Starter" and "Recently Managed" are already on.

As for moving the game. The only drive I have available is the local disk. Vortex and Steam are located in the x86 program files. I take it you are suggesting to move everything from x86 to the basic program files?