Visual C++ Runtime crashing my game!

spooky760

Hey I posted this topic before and have tried a lot of different things. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and what they did to fix it, or at least get a work-around. I can't play a normal game for more than 5 minutes unless I'm playing in one of the DLCs. Here's the error I get.

MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ RUNTIME LIBRARY

X RUNTIME ERROR!

Program:...)\Steam\Steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\FalloutNV.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I got a few responses a few months ago on this issue but none of them worked. If anyone would like to chime in and tell me what I'm doing wrong or if its mods, I would appreciate the help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

@CYNTHETIC I gave that a try nothing changed so i tried uninstalling the file, restarting, and reinstalling it... still no change i would love to play FONV but even reinstalling it does not work i have been over everything for my computer nothing is wrong with it no software or hardware malfunctions other than this runtime bugger

• 1 year later...

I know this is old, but I recently experienced the same issue. After finding almost nothing on how to fix it, I remembered that everything started when I updated the Mod manager. I couldn't load a save file or new game without getting the Runtime error. So I started by deactivating all my MODS and when I was able to load a save file, I knew it had to do with a MOD. Upon further investigation and re-reading the installation notes for each MOD I had installed, I found out Nevada Skies .esp file needs to be loaded LAST, and it was not set up like that. SO I put it in last and it worked fine! Worth a try and thought I might post it here in case someone else have the same issue as me.

Read the Install notes on each MOD, since some have special requirements!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I know this is old, but I recently experienced the same issue. After finding almost nothing on how to fix it, I remembered that everything started when I updated the Mod manager. I couldn't load a save file or new game without getting the Runtime error. So I started by deactivating all my MODS and when I was able to load a save file, I knew it had to do with a MOD. Upon further investigation and re-reading the installation notes for each MOD I had installed, I found out Nevada Skies .esp file needs to be loaded LAST, and it was not set up like that. SO I put it in last and it worked fine! Worth a try and thought I might post it here in case someone else have the same issue as me.

Read the Install notes on each MOD, since some have special requirements!

Thanks!

still not workiing :(

still not workiing sad.gif

Are you looking for help? Because you are not the original poster and you are giving us nothing to go on. The rest of the world is playing without that error, so it's not a problem with the vanilla game. That means it's something in your setup. What is it? Which OS? 32-bit or 64-bit? Have you the latest (not from a 4 year old link) version of the C++ Runtime library? Which mod manager (if any)? What is your sorted load order (which is not just the list of mods you have activated in the game "Data Files" option; it's the one from LOOT)? What have you tried?

-Dubious-