Movie Files Giving Me A Pain

mordaxius

:huh: The videos that play at the intro of the game, and the movies that play during, run rather choppy making it a long drawn out experience watching them. I was told that I can change the morrowind.ini file in the section seen as:

[Movies]

Company Logo=bethesda logo.bik

Morrowind Logo=mw_logo.bik

New Game=mw_intro.bik

Loading=mw_load.bik

Options Menu=mw_menu.bik

Company Logo=C:\program files\bethesda softworks\morrowind\data files\video\bethesda logo.bik

Morrowind Logo=C:\program files\bethesda softworks\morrowind\data files\video\mw_logo.bik

I've tried this but when I start the game the it says that the path given was not found on the CD. Creating a video folder and running the videos off the hard drive is the only way I'm going to be able to watch these short clips without a full box of popcorn and five minutes spent trying to piece the narrators words together. Is there something else I'm supposed to change or add to in order for this work?

do what i did to solve many loading times.

download Daemon and WinISO

install them both

open WinISO, with the morrowind play cd in the drive, go to actions, then make ISO from cd, then, right click on daemon in the little thingy near the clock, then go virtual cd/dvd-rom then the device, then go mount image, make sure you select all files, then select the morrowind file you made, the spash screen will come up, you may have to No-CD it, then play it.

Unfortunately when I eject the CD while its playing a movie I get a blue screen and the computer nags for the CD to be put back. I'll give your idea, ohgr, a try and see if it works. I dislike droning over something for a time, but when I read about videos on the hard drive working for others, it nips at my heels that I can't seem to get mine to run along as well.

• 8 months later...

I had to sign in to get some help...

well I got some files that will make me run without CD as long as i have the video files in my game directory... but i dont have video files...

wanna trade?

I will check this in a day or so so leave messege i come back..

Archived