vortex install and black screen

Tfont24

Hi there!

I'm new to the whole mod scene and am trying to get vortex to work for me so i can use mods for the first time with skyrim SE PC! I've downloaded vortex a few times but each time i try to open it the screen comes up totally black! I dont know if its an issue with my computer or how im downloading it, but i just use the manual one click install. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi there!

I'm new to the whole mod scene and am trying to get vortex to work for me so i can use mods for the first time with skyrim SE PC! I've downloaded vortex a few times but each time i try to open it the screen comes up totally black! I dont know if its an issue with my computer or how im downloading it, but i just use the manual one click install. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Does the black screen come up when you try to INSTALL Vortex, or when you try to RUN Vortex?

What do you do after that?

Most likely if you're using Windows 10, the screen goes black because it's going to bring up the popup asking if you want Vortex to make changes to your computer, so then you click "OK"

Hi there!

Does the black screen come up when you try to INSTALL Vortex, or when you try to RUN Vortex?

Most likely if you're using Windows 10, the screen goes black because it's going to bring up the popup asking if you want Vortex to make changes to your computer, so then you click "OK"

The black screen occurs when i try to launch vortex. I can get to the letting the computer make changes and click ok. But when i try to launch the program the screen it comes up with is black

Hi there!

The black screen occurs when i try to launch vortex. I can get to the letting the computer make changes and click ok. But when i try to launch the program the screen it comes up with is black

Hmmm, that's a new one, usually people get a White screen instead.

FIXED IT! For anyone else who has this issue it ended up being a compatibility issue with windows. I right clicked on it and did troubleshoot compatibility and let it run. I used the suggested settings after testing the program and it launched properly!!!

FIXED IT! For anyone else who has this issue it ended up being a compatibility issue with windows. I right clicked on it and did troubleshoot compatibility and let it run. I used the suggested settings after testing the program and it launched properly!!!

Good job!!

Also, THANK you for coming back and letting people know how you fixed it.

This will help anybody else who has the problem. :)

• 1 month later...