Need help converting FO3 Mod to FNV

GenaricWolf

I have spent about the last week trying to take a Fallout 3 race mod, to work on Fallout New Vegas, done quite a few tutorials, and nothing has worked, maybe i'm just too inexperienced with GECK to understand. so if someone, could explain to me what i'm doing wrong. or the proper way to do it.

so i am trying to take a custom set of races, for fallout 3 and i took a blank Fallout New Vegas Esp/Esm and converted all the data from the mods Esp/Esm onto it with the FOMM TESsnip tool, and brought it into GECK cannot get it to load the character model data on GECK, but i know its doable as new Vegas loads, it shows the options for the races but crashes once selected, and in GECK it displays the head in the little character editing thing..(still new to GECK) so i feel like i'm not getting something right...

anyway, if anyone wants to see if they know what i'm doing wrong, leme know, or pm me if ya wana take a crack at converting it , i can send the zip file

It might be easier to recreate the race in the New Vegas GECK, custom race creation is very easy, I did a guide here. To find out what assets you need you can open the FO3 mod in FO3Edit and you'll see the parts under race, hair, eyes and maybe head parts.

You can use Nifscope to find the correct textures and paths, open a NIF in it and expand the following things on the left, you see the texture names and paths at the bottom.

sa7vbPd.png