MGSO 3.0 File Extraction Anti-virus Problem

Soyeong

Hello,

I'm trying to extract MGSO into my fresh installation of Morrowind, but I'm getting a error message that I can't change attributes of MOInstaller.exe. I'm using Phoenix 360 System Mechanic and it is being blocked as malware. I've tried disabling real-time protection, but I'm still unable to extract the file. When I disabled real-time protection, I got a notification that I can turn on Windows Defender Anti-virus so maybe it's being blocked from more than one source, though I didn't really see much that I could do from than angle. I also tried to have System Mechanic make an exclusion for the file, but it it would only exclude the MGSO.rar file and I wasn't sure whether that would also exclude the MOInstaller.exe file. I'm not sure what else I can do at this point, so any help would be appreciated, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Soyeong. You only need one AV running at any one time and I'd like to quote a Level 1 Techie "You probably don’t want an antivirus except for Malwarebytes. As John McAffee puts it, at the time an AV detected or didn’t detect something, it’s already too late. So invest in OPNSense/PFSense and Suricata, and behavioral changes AI protection systems."

Anyways, add an exception / ignore rule to the list of rules of your AV. I'd say the whole folder or at the very least applications you trust in said folders.