⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Dawnguard right eye - Vampire - glitch

Zohrdan

As you can see, the human "old" right eye clips through the the "new" Vampire right eye.

Does anyone know any solution for this bug? - Yes I use Graphic-mods but even in an unmodded Skyrim I get this bug.

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/5294/9f91e9cd9ebdc8bed33ef7a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I apologise for raising this topic from the dead, but I was having almost exactly the same issue, except for my Altmer had blind left eye, which glitched and flickered in similar fasion like your Nord's. I've been looking for a solution for a long time, many people mention this bug (or its variations), and no one found a universal fix yet. The only soluion that worked was to change your eyes to another color without the blind eye before you become a vampire. Hovewer, it seems I have found one (tested it several times, worked for me, maybe it'll work for someone else). Probably it's too late, but I would like to share it here in case anyone's still struggling with that annoying eye texture. Maybe it'll fix your problem as well.

I see that you have Dawnguard. Good. You need be a Vampire Lord. And play on PC. Open up developer's console and type "showracemenu" without quotation marks. This opens the character creation screen. Don't worry, it won't mess up your stats as long as you don't change your race. Actually, for this fix to work, you don't have to change anything here, so just hit "OK", type your char's name and it'll resume the game. Now change into Vampire Lord and revert back to human form. The eyes now should be ok. It seems CC fixes some texture which is not updated properly once you've become a vampire by normal means. As a proof that it worked in my case, here are the comparison screens of my char.

Non-vampire:
Vampire with blind eye glitch:
Don't worry, your vampire eyes won't change to what I have on my screens, I just use a few mods that revert Dawnguard vampire eyes back to vanilla. So far after a few saves and reloads the eyes of my char are okay and look as intended, so I guess this fix is pretty much permanent until you get cured and infected again.
And one more thing to add. Once when I was travelling with Sarana, she glitched and her non-vampire eye texture started to flicker through her vampire eyes, which normally does not happen. Looked pretty much like your bug, but with both eyes. I can't say what exactly triggered this bug, but I thing it happened when she got hit by Dawnbreaker. Closing the game to desktop and reloading fixed this. Maybe it can fix your glitch too.
Edited by Aneksunamun

• 4 years later...

I apologise for raising this topic from the dead, but I was having almost exactly the same issue, except for my Altmer had blind left eye, which glitched and flickered in similar fasion like your Nord's. I've been looking for a solution for a long time, many people mention this bug (or its variations), and no one found a universal fix yet. The only soluion that worked was to change your eyes to another color without the blind eye before you become a vampire. Hovewer, it seems I have found one (tested it several times, worked for me, maybe it'll work for someone else). Probably it's too late, but I would like to share it here in case anyone's still struggling with that annoying eye texture. Maybe it'll fix your problem as well.

I see that you have Dawnguard. Good. You need be a Vampire Lord. And play on PC. Open up developer's console and type "showracemenu" without quotation marks. This opens the character creation screen. Don't worry, it won't mess up your stats as long as you don't change your race. Actually, for this fix to work, you don't have to change anything here, so just hit "OK", type your char's name and it'll resume the game. Now change into Vampire Lord and revert back to human form. The eyes now should be ok. It seems CC fixes some texture which is not updated properly once you've become a vampire by normal means. As a proof that it worked in my case, here are the comparison screens of my char.

Non-vampire:

Vampire with blind eye glitch:
Don't worry, your vampire eyes won't change to what I have on my screens, I just use a few mods that revert Dawnguard vampire eyes back to vanilla. So far after a few saves and reloads the eyes of my char are okay and look as intended, so I guess this fix is pretty much permanent until you get cured and infected again.
And one more thing to add. Once when I was travelling with Sarana, she glitched and her non-vampire eye texture started to flicker through her vampire eyes, which normally does not happen. Looked pretty much like your bug, but with both eyes. I can't say what exactly triggered this bug, but I thing it happened when she got hit by Dawnbreaker. Closing the game to desktop and reloading fixed this. Maybe it can fix your glitch too.

Oh my god here we are five years later. This did help thank you so much :D