Runtime error R6025 - pure virtual function

JRFan007

It's more likely that the game is designed to work with a certain version of the C++ runtime library, but the user was running with an earlier one. That's not the OS per se. You could have the same issue with the JRE, if you run a new java application but have an old Java runtime.

You've obviously never experienced this bug, first hand. o_O ;D :wallbash:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not with Skyrim. I do recall seeing it at some point for some windows application. I don't remember what the application was, when it happened, or what version of windows it was. But I have definitely seen that error. It may have even been with Oblivion or one of the Fallout games.

The remedy you describe would fix a faulty Fallout 3 install (from before the first DLC) when people were still in need of vcrun2008 to fix what the installer neglected to provide when they did an update. I remember many reports of people saying they would get this error the moment they attempted to launch the game, and installing the vcrun patch would fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
or you can uninstall C++. Skyrim sure as hell don't need it to run. C++ is an elected install from MS update. If you're a C++ dev you're SOL for some games.. oh and according to MS, C++ is designed to crash that way. The language to run the game is in the game but Windows might be using the later to perform game supporting function (doing) rather than what it's intended for, being a library of definitions and commands not specific to Skyrim at least. Edited by Todd420

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody come up with a fix for this?

Skyrim R6025 pure vitual function crash?

I keep getting Microsoft Visual C++ run time Library error R6025 pure virtual function call.

I have removed, reinstalled and updated Visual C++ 2005 and 2008 both x86 and x64.

I have also Uninstalled and reinstalled Skyrim and re-validated the files ( file integrity check through Steam)

Updated DotnetFX, but I am running XP64 and Dotnet 4.5 will not work (says not compatible)

Installed Dotnetfx 3.5 still crashes.

Checking services.msc I cannot find anything running or turned off that should be not be.

specs: 8800GT 512 card with up to date drivers, Windows XP64 with 8 gigs OCZ Reaper X RAM, only 40 services running at any time. No malware or cooties found on system.

Any help would be great. PC just started doing this recently with no changes made.

try lowering your pc resolution, make it the same with your skyrim's resolution.. this is how i fixed mine.. well im not really sure if it did fixed it, but lately ive been playing skyrim for almost 3 hours and did not experienced this ctd again..