Runtime error R6025 - pure virtual function

JRFan007

I agree with you. I've done a little "experiment" using three completely clean new Helgen saves, two with the Dawnguard installed, and the other not. After a couple of hours, you know what happened :laugh:

So I'm 99% sure that the Dawnguard causes that irritating truble.

OK, I was wrong.

I just got the error while I was playing without the Dawnguard, after 70+ hours from Helgen :pinch:

Now I totally don't know what in Oblivion causes the r6025 error!

According to the previous post, Bound Until Death quest of Dark Brotherhood can also cause the problem. However, it is independent from the problem with Dawnguard and I finally found the culprit. It caused by a broken script of Soul Cairn Horse Quest. I will upload the fix soon.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the previous post, Bound Until Death quest of Dark Brotherhood can also cause the problem. However, it is independent from the problem with Dawnguard and I finally found the culprit. It caused by a broken script of Soul Cairn Horse Quest. I will upload the fix soon.

I haven't done any Dark Brotherhood quests for I just destroyed it. So probably there are quite a few more broken scripts that can cause the error. :sad:

Anyway, I'm looking foward to grab your fix for Soul Cairn quest! :laugh:

Edited by k556a

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just experienced this crash and have been dealing with it all night. I found this link and I changed my screen resolution like this guy and it worked (you can change your resolution back after):

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=122469

I had nothing to do with Dawnguard or the Brotherhood quests like everyone else was talking about. I was just roaming the wilderness camping in skyrim when I got my error. i thought it was my mods but I disabled them and still wasn't having any luck. Hopefully the info helps!

• 3 months later...

With me, I can just be doing a quest, walking down a path, or standing around, and BAM, get the error. Sometimes 5 minutes after loading my save, or up to an hour. It varies, and can happen when I least expect it.

I got it once without any DLC's installed and only a few mods. But with Dawnguard, they're starting to pop up more frequently.

I've tried to verify my Steam install, and everytime it keeps on saying that there's one file that failed verification.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, i am sorry for the bump i i can confirm i never had a single of thos epages nor that quest, and that i started having those crashes after completing cairn today.

I tried a few thing sbut if it doesnt work i will have to load a previous save(sick) and i think i will keep the dawnguard pre ciarn quests for very, very, very later.

• 6 months later...

Well I am starting to get this issue. but the thing is I have NOT even been into the soul cairn, I became a vampire and started to to skyrim quests, I am still doing the blood chalice, I am only getting the error when I close skyrim down, during play no ctd's.