Where to find relatively inexpensive voice acting for a mod

syphilitica69

Hello, folks! I'm in the process of creating a DLC-sized mod for Fallout 3. Most of the aspects of mod creation of this magnitude I can certainly handle- even the process of creating custom meshes, skeletons, textures, and animations shouldn't be completely overwhelming for me to accomplish. One area however, might be rather insurmountable for me- and at any rate without increasing my income bracket by at least a few orders of magnitude. That would be the 800-pound gorilla of hiring voice actors. Would there be anywhere that I could acquire the services of voice actors and not pay tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars in the process? Any attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated- thanks! -Syphilitica69

(NOTE: I realize that not too many people play FO3 anymore. The facts to be noted are these: 1.) Fallout 4 is such a god-awful and broken mess that I'm not even bothering to board that damaged vessel, even if its graphical quality is light-years ahead of FO3's; and: 2.) this mod of mine takes place not far from the Capitol Wasteland so it really wouldn't be appropriate to make it a Fallout: New Vegas mod. Thus my justifications for making this a FO3 mod.)

A few possibilities:

1. Use vanilla voices, hack up the files and edit them back together. Laborious but cheap.

2. Use an automated voice program. Probably not a good result.

3. Friends and family.

4. Set up a job on a crowdsourcing site, Pay poor people peanuts to read snippets into a microphone, or verbally transcribe longer pieces.

5. Offer the job on a site like Fiverr - see if you get an oiffer you can afford.

Edited by blackrat99

• 3 weeks later...

If you're still looking, I'll take you up on it. I love voice acting, and I have a decent mic. Contact me if you still need someone! I'll even do it for a pittance, because I just enjoy doing it. Plus, I could use the practice and need some insight in a better set-up.

Edited by TezzLaCoil

• 1 month later...