Companions/Settlements/Sandboxing

Hello :smile:

Sorry for another Thread, but I've reached a Point where I need Help with.

Well, I want (an example) Paladin Danse to stay in a certain Area in a Settlement and only sandboxing there.

The Problem: He won't do that :huh:

I created a new Packages, pointed the Location to a XMarker in on of the Houses in Sanctuary and put

that Packages in his AI Packages List. After that failed I'd done the same, but instead of a XMarker I'd used

a Triggerbox (PackagesSandboxPrimitiv).

I looked for Help in the Forum and found an older Post with similar Problems, so I tried the solution and put Danse

in the "WorkshopNoPackages" Faction. Still, he wander around the Settlement and don't even go near the House.

I'm missing something here :ermm:

Any ideas what it is?

Thanks

Edited by DikaRiddle

Probably Package Priority. When a companion is dismissed to a settlement they pick up WorkshopMasterPackage from the WorkshopPermanentActors quest which is priority 40, so takes precedence over any packages directly attached to actors.

If you have a script attached to Danse see what package is active with a DebugTrace() of GetCurrentPackage()

If that is your problem you need to create a new start game enabled quest with a RefCollection alias that has your package added and a quest script that monitors the CompanionChange event to add and remove companions to that alias. The mix of functions and events you will be interested in are:

RegisterForCustomEvent((pFollowers as FollowersScript), "CompanionChange") 
Event FollowersScript.CompanionChange(FollowersScript akSender, Var[] akArgs)
Alias_MySandboxAlias.AddRef(ThisREF)
(ThisREF as Actor).EvaluatePackage()
Alias_MySandboxAlias.RemoveRef(ThisREF)

Uhm, call me an idiot (if you want) but I got somehow lost.

I understand what you pointing out (and it makes sense), but what should I do now?

I don't know anything about scripting and well ... feel lost now ö.ö

Edited by DikaRiddle

There's a marker/activator called "WorkshopRelaxationArea".

Make it big enough, link it to the workbench and your NPC will spend their free time there.

(I don't recall it needing a keyword)

Well, no.

I tried it and same result. Danse still wander around without even looking at that House.

I'm guessing SKK50 is right (and that's bad, because I still don't know how to work with

his solution.)