Need help converting .OMOD files to BAIN format for use in Wrye Bash

Afterlife126

I've run into a little trouble trying to install an older .OMOD mod. When I open the .OMOD archive inside the zip with 7zip I get Config, Data, Data.crc Readme and Script files in an unknown format. I am unable to open these files as an archive before and after converting them to a .zip file

The mod in question is; https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/7327

Could anyone offer some help? I'm just trying to repackage the mod to work with Wrye Bash. I'd much prefer not to install OBMM as I have my entire mod install on Wrye Bash.

Have you tried installing the OMOD with Wrye Bash? I haven't tried it myself but I believe WB is supposed to be able to install OMODs itself.

In the past I've always just used Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM) to extract the OMOD to a folder when I wanted to install/check out a mod that is only available as an OMOD (I'm a manual install dinosaur).

Yeah, you can use OBMM's Utilities, among them the feature to turn an OMOD into an archive, without using it as your mod manager.

Just like many people use only features from Wrye Bash but don't touch its BAIN (Bash Installer, WB's mod manager part).

Soon after I made this post (and forgot to update, stupid me.) I found that I could extract the shaders and the images describing them automatically with Wrye Bash. So I am now in possession of the shaders. Only problem is they are all in .pso format and I can't seem to find any other shaders in my Oblivion install. I assume they're located in the shaderpackageXXX.stp files within Oblivion's Shaders archive but I do not have a way of opening these. Any further suggestions? The goal here is to avoid an installation of OBMM entirely but if we can't work something out I guess I'll have to.

OK, know this from the start ... I am working way way above my pay grade here ...

Have a look at Night Eye Shader Switcher to see if anything there helps you out. I believe it offers a way to create your own shaders.

I use Detect life effect and Night-eye shader myself ... it comes as a 7z download that extracts to normal files and folders (could be a way of working out what you need for folder structure).

- Edit - I used to use OBMM's utility for extracting stuff from the vanilla game BSAs ... now I use BSA unpacker (which is just the utility from OBMM as a standalone).

Edited by Striker879

To anyone reading this in the future, I offer you this advice

Simply download version 5 of the Night Eye Shader Switcher (This utility actually contains Timeslips shaders, located at Nighteye Shader Replacement )

Install using Wrye Bash as you would normally.

If your game crashes like mine after installation then head on over to Oblivion > Data > Shaders and delete the dev.nighteye folder.

I am running the game with HDR enabled so I do not touch the hdr.nighteye folder. This prevents my screen from "whiting out" (Entire screen turns white, impossible to see the actual game) when nighteye is activated.

Well, this is strange... I just can't seem to shake the feeling that shaders besides the nighteye ones have been changed after installing these two mods.

I was tipped off when I felt that an interior that I saved in previous to installing the mods used to be much darker. From there on, all lighting just felt... off, to me.

Uninstalling the mods does not change any lighting. I'm just wondering if I did something outside of Wrye Bash that then became overwritten by these two mods.

Bit strange. Looking at the two mods files, I don't think there's anything that could cause this effect.

Must be the power of suggestion at work, but still... Suggestions?

The shaders are very specifically named files ... can't see any way they could change other lighting. Now I haven't extracted the Night Eye Replacement OMOD to see exactly what files it includes, but I'd be surprised if somebody like Timeslip had anything like dirty edits etc.

The one I linked uses an ESP, does Night Eye Replacement also have an ESP?

Edited by Striker879

I've run into a little trouble trying to install an older .OMOD mod. When I open the .OMOD archive inside the zip with 7zip I get Config, Data, Data.crc Readme and Script files in an unknown format. I am unable to open these files as an archive before and after converting them to a .zip file

The mod in question is; https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/7327

Could anyone offer some help? I'm just trying to repackage the mod to work with Wrye Bash. I'd much prefer not to install OBMM as I have my entire mod install on Wrye Bash.

This picture show you how to convert an omod in WB. :smile: