Weird Effect Glitch During Kreia's Telepathy Conversations

I recently did a clean install of KOTOR 2 (Steam version) on my new laptop (AMD Ryzen 5, AMD Radeon VEGA, 12GB RAM). After that I installed TSLRCM and M4-78, along with several other mods, mostly the HD textures for the worlds, PC head reskins, stuff like that. I have started a test run to see if everything is working well, but during the scene on Peragus where Kreia telepathically tells you to "feel" the droids on the other side of the door, instead of the "ripple" effect on the edges of the screen, the whole screen has a weird glitched effect that looks similar to watching an old VHS or something similar. I have tried taking screenshots in game, but for some reason, my computer just takes all black screenshots (maybe a Steam issue?)

Is there any specific file that handles this ripple effect during the telepathy scenes, so that I can remove/replace it? I had made a backup of the override folder before I started adding mods, but I'd rather not have to go back through every single mod and test to see which file is making this act up :confused: Thanks in advance for any help

• 1 month later...

FIXED:

I figured out that the mod KOTOR 2 Starter Pack has a file called:

fx_Clair01.tga

This file is what handles the ripple effect during the telepathy scenes with Kreia (Clair for Clairvoyance?). Removing this file from my override folder fixed the issue. I don't have any other mods that override this file, so I will post on the mod page to let them know about possible issues caused by this file.