Only YOU Can Prevent Forest Fires.

missjennabee

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ flummox: HA, well thanks - I believe this is the first time I have been signaturized. BUT! I am afraid you are giving me sole and undue credit. This was definitely a brain-trust.

"Load Order, CDT and other Troubleshooting courtesy of missjennabee, nonoodles, Brandy_123, Killerbuddy, dj2005, SonnyWiFiHr, Zekail, and st4n13y415c (special guest appearances by bben46): Only YOU Can Prevent Forest Fires"

... Too much? lol.

Amended :)

It's a great reference. Thanks to all involved :)

@ StormbringerGT: Your crashes continue on a clean save? Would just need a little more info in order to help... or to try to help lol. What have you attempted so far to fix it? Also, can you post your load order?

@ flummox: Lol that's excellent :thumbsup: thank you!

@ StormbringerGT: Your crashes continue on a clean save? Would just need a little more info in order to help... or to try to help lol. What have you attempted so far to fix it? Also, can you post your load order?

@ flummox: Lol that's excellent :thumbsup: thank you!

Thanks for the offer, as oppose to derailing your thread and making it a help request deal i'll just link you to my problem on this forum:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/783967-skyrim-freezes-after-2gb-mark/

Good luck! I sorta found a solution but I had to tank a mod. If you spot any mods that don't play well let me know!

• 2 weeks later...

My save time are actually fast, it's just my load times that are extremely long for some reason. They don't hang anywhere and aren't laggy at all, just take 2-3 minutes. Could this be a mod causing it?

If it is, what is the proper way to disable a mod? Get rid of all the items it contains first, then disable it?

Also, how do I check if Skyrim is the latest patch? I fear that may be a factor as well...

• 1 month later...

My save time are actually fast, it's just my load times that are extremely long for some reason. They don't hang anywhere and aren't laggy at all, just take 2-3 minutes. Could this be a mod causing it?

If it is, what is the proper way to disable a mod? Get rid of all the items it contains first, then disable it?

Also, how do I check if Skyrim is the latest patch? I fear that may be a factor as well...

Hi, I have been having a similar issue myself. I noticed that only certain new saves on characters would cause these ridiculous load times. So when it would happen to me I would just resort to an older save, often times only seconds older than the save causing the issue. This would make the game load normally in my case. But that wasn't enough for me because I didn't feel like I was getting save reliability. So I have decided to Uninstall the game entirely and start from scratch! From what i read in this forum it seems that the issue could be caused by long deleted poorly produced scripts that are finally rearing their ugly heads. Just gotta be careful what you download. Poorly made mods are like viruses.

Really ? I thought the whole issue , well one of the issues was that mods dont stop their scrpits even if the mod itself is uninstalled.

I have a question - why back up the ini file ? i thought IF you dont plan to change any values in it (ugrids,bow range etc) then it should be fine, and just deleting ti will make skyrim make a new one.

The OP was a great read, thanks for that Ms JennaBee.

I just posted this in the general discussion but i guess it belongs here more,

Do I need to just accept that Skyrim will sometimes ctd and there isnt much I can do about it ?

Ive been having some (random, never repeatable) ctd issues, maybe once every 3 or 4 hours. its not a huge bummer but it does get me down at times.

Running some texture mods (choosing lower textures in Vurts flora and the standard Bethesda HD textures), some face,weapon,armour, CoT,asis, nothing too extreme, I change about half my mod list every-time i start a new game and avoid changing mods during a character playthru.

Tessedit my update.esm, BOSS(ed) my load order, updated my gpu driver, looked over my papyrus log, you know all the regular ctd fixes but the CTDs seem to still persist.

Accept it as part of a TES life and that's that ?

me-560ti, 2500k, 8gb ram, 64bit windows 7.