Heavy Traffic ×

Only YOU Can Prevent Forest Fires.

missjennabee

Excellent read! :)

Do you know if a non-default timescale can cause problems?

Some hits on google says it can, but the information is on forums I never heard of.

I've recently experienced a major increase in CTDs and save game corruptions.

I started using the new timescale at the same time I tested out a bunch of new mods, was unaware that things remain in save games even after uninstall, so don't really know what is causing the problems.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best bloody thread in skyrim nexus.

Your load order advice helped me make over 100 mods work perfectly together. This needs to be reposted or linked to in the modding support section to, as a lot of your advice is relative to most mod related CTD's. Currently I'm looking at threads with messy BOSS load orders and I'm just throwing a link to this thread before I ask anything else.

I need help with my CTD issue. This is something I've spent hours upon hours trying to fix to no avail. I've tried everything I can think of or find a guide for, like optimizing my textures, reordering mods, quitting extraneous programs, updating my video drivers, and uncapping my memory. While I did find some mods that were causing some crashes, removing them only delayed the crashes. It even happens if I disable all mods, which made me think it was a texture problem, but optimizing my textures didn't fix it. No specific event triggers it, but it almost always happens when I'm traveling around the exterior world. The difference in the time it takes to crash the game between having no mods and having a ton of mods seems to be just a few seconds of traveling. I really have no idea what else to try.

My specs:

http://i.imgur.com/sSEp6.jpg

My active mods:

Active Mod Files:

• 00 Skyrim.esm

• 01 Update.esm

• 02 Dawnguard.esm

• 03 RaceCompatibility.esm

• 04 3rdEraWeaponsMoS.esm

• 05 ClimatesOfTamriel.esm

• 06 Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp [Version 1.2.6]

• 07 Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp [Version 1.1.3]

• 08 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp [Version 2.1.8a]

• 09 Chesko_Frostfall.esp

• 0A Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp

• 0B ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp

• 0C ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hardcore.esp

• 0D Weapons and Armor fixes.esp

• 0E Weapons and Armor fixes - Hacks.esp

• 0F BabettesFeastBalanced.esp

• 10 BellyachesNewDragonSpecies_FactionlessDragons.esp

• 11 Chesko_WearableLantern.esp

• 12 SkyRealism - Feast and Famine.esp [Version 2.7]

• 13 SkyRealism - Feast and Famine - BabettesFeastBalanced.esp [Version 2.7]

• 14 Convenient Horses.esp

• 15 Footprints.esp

• 16 SkyRealism - Simple Save System - 5 min.esp [Version 1.0]

• 17 SkyUI.esp

• 18 iHUD.esp

• 19 LeatherBackpackBlack.esp

• 1A LeatherBackpackBrown.esp

• 1B LeatherBackpack.esp

• 1C Tribunal Maskes by Zairaam.esp

• 1D Tribunal Robes by Zairaam.esp

• 1E 3rdEraWeapMoS-replacer.esp

• 1F 3rdEraWeapMoS-lvlList.esp

• 20 3rdEraWeaponsMoS-ACE-Patch.esp

• 21 Dr_Bandolier.esp

• 22 Smithing Perks Overhaul - Balanced.esp

• 23 Complete Crafting Overhaul.esp

• 24 Deadly Traps.esp

• 25 Headtracking.esp

• ++ Proper Aiming.esp

• 26 Riften Bigger Trees.esp

• 27 Skyrim bigger trees.esp

• 28 Sickly Diseases.esp

• 29 UnreadBooksGlow.esp [Version 1.5.3]

• 2A SkyRealism - Time and Travel.esp [Version 1.2.]

• 2B SkyRealism - Capacity and Carry Weight.esp [Version 1.6]

• 2C SkyRealism - Encumbrance.esp [Version 1.5]

• 2D MuscularWomen.esp

• 2E Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp

• 2F Duel - Combat Realism.esp

• 30 The Dance of Death - Dawnguard Edition.esp

• 31 SkyRe_Main.esp

• 32 SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp

• 33 SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp

• 34 SkyRe_StandingStones.esp

• 35 SkyRe_Survivalism.esp

• 36 Book_Of_Stumbling_v3.esp

• 37 lilithsobliterator3_0.esp

• 38 Crossbows_Basic_Collection_EN_LL.esp

• 39 MacKom_LoreStylesHairSet.esp

• 3A UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp

• 3B UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp

• 3C TreasureCrafting.esp

• 3D SkyRe_Races.esp

• 3E getSnowy.esp

• 3F WATER.esp

• 40 Zirren Follower.esp

• 41 ReProccer.esp

• 42 Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Edited by Anzan

• 1 month later...

@ missjennabee

Please you need to add to the CTD's on startup section a little blurb about CTD's after the bethesda logo being caused by simple load order and mod conflicts.. there are WAY TO MANY POSTS asking this exact question OVER and OVER and OVER again and ITS ALWAYS the same answer.. a load order or mod conflict! if it was added to this sticky maybe we could lessen the mob of "CTD AFTER BETH LOGO" Threads invading this forum!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

I have a silly simple solution for almost any loading issue.

That there are some bogus CTD or Freezes that happen every so often cant be really helped.

But if u have constant problems loading and some freezes that aren't fixable, the shortest and by far easiest way to fix them is to delete (back-up before u do it) your skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini.

Cause some-self made additions could cause the ctd, even when it worked the first 20 hours, or some old mod alternated it and u completely didnt know it.

I for myself had problems loading exteriors. I killed mods did evrything except deleting my ancient ini's and now after a "fresh ini" start evrything loads fine.

Hope u can update it into the front page.

Edited by Znuefflstoeck

• 1 month later...

How do I make NMM remember my load order? I just spent 30 minutes carefully arranging my load order only to have NMM revert back to some load order with no rhyme or reason.

What happened?

J

EDIT: Nevermind, I assume it's the export to text the import... never had it totally rearrange my load order so ridiculously.

Thanks for the OP,

J

Edited by Descivii

Use B

How do I make NMM remember my load order? I just spent 30 minutes carefully arranging my load order only to have NMM revert back to some load order with no rhyme or reason.

What happened?

J

EDIT: Nevermind, I assume it's the export to text the import... never had it totally rearrange my load order so ridiculously.

Thanks for the OP,

J

Use a mod managers to install/uninstall mods but use BOSS to manage your load order. If you have to manually adjust load order positions for some plugins (e.g. those not recognized by BOSS), use the 'BOSS Userlist Manager' to set custom rules for them so their load order positions will not be reset every time you run BOSS.

Having a forest fire of my own here >.<

I've been playing with Dawnguard and Hearthfire for ages now with only the occasional CTD (which I thought was normal since Oblivion loved to do that to me as well) and the only mods I've got are CBBE, Killer keo's skimpy armour and the main Apachii Sky hair mod. SInce installing Dragonborn yesterday, the game has been CTD every few minutes. I used the fix stated on the Sky Hair mod's description and it stopped my game from crashing on the Race menu but it's still crashing in-game. I've disabled them all (with NMM since it's that I use) to no avail.

It seems to be every time I walk to a city or town etc. in game. It's weird. Any ideas as to what could be causing it? I didn't think the mods I've got would make a difference to Dragonborn. I've got a pretty good set-up, I play on Ultra settings. I just can't figure out what could have changed with the new DLC, could any of those mods be doing anything to the game? I keep reading about TES Edit to clean the mods but since I don't know what that means, I thought I'd ask here first xD

Ooh forgot to add; my load order is Skyrim, DragonBorn, DawnGuard, Hearthfire, FlameAtronachArmor (dunno where that came from, assumed it was with one of the DLC :S), Apachii Sky Hair and then Killer Keo's skimpy armour.

Edited by dovahniik

• 2 weeks later...

I have had enough of the ever increasing CTD's

I had the odd 1 or 2 like most people Before Mods.

Then It didn't really increase after adding mods.

Then, The 1 and Only DLC so far, hearthfire, forced an update in some of the mods.

CTD's increased slightly. But they have got worse and worse. Now It happens everywhere.

In Dungeons or in the wilds. No matter where.

So, I think I will have to scrap EVERYTHING, 15 characters of various lvls, 1 near to the end of Base Skyrim.

So,, thanks to an unstable game,, Again, chuck on patches that fix some issues, miss most major ones, but add others.

Then modders fix some issues. But, in the end, us gamers get a flakey game (Windows of the gaming world)

But the most frustrating thing is that the Game is just Brilliant.

I may re-install Oblivion to calm myself down first as I found that More stable than Skyrim.

1 question,,,, Does Dragonborn help reduce issues in the game or cause More ?