Night Encounter / night of the creeps

Hi there ,i hope you can help me.

I want to replace the night of the creeps ghouls

with the xenomorphs from the Alien of the commonwealth mod.

https://bethesda.net...-detail/4045023

I already have done this with the creation kit but it wont work.

I loaded fallout.esm

Aotc as active plugin

+night of the creeps

The mod wont load sometimes and when it does the ghouls are still there. What can i do.

I just want Night encounters with xenomorphs.

The NOTC is scripted i have no idea how to script.

greetings Tim

Hello there!

I haven't been modding Fallout 4 for almost 2 years, so my memory might be a bit rusty. I think everything related to this mod is prefixed with "vnh" or something similiar in creation kit.

There are ghouls that are made from original ghouls and there are quests that spawn those ghouls. In the quest properties you should be able to select which enemies they spawn.. So if you make new enemies based on those aliens, you should be able to select those aliens in quest properties. Might be in script property too, which should be available in the quest(s).

Let me know if it works for you.. I have the mod source on my old pc and can't look at it right now. You want to use the the holotape to disable the mod first and then re-enable after modifying enemies. Otherwise they might be using old data.

You propably need to load both mods same time in creation kit to be able to select those aliens. If that doesn't work, you can try find those "vnh" ghoul enemies(actors?) and modify them so they use alien data instead of ghouls.

Edited by vkz89q

Okay i looked at your mod quests and scripts and its very complicated. I dont see anything to choose an "npc" to spawn.

Its very twisted and when i replace your created ghoul with an xenomorph the game dont want to start at all.

It returns directly to desktop. But now i have found out when i use an vanilla npc like deathlcaws it will work.

They spawn at night. So there is a problem with the source when i use 2 mods at a time. I need to merge them to have the xenos in your mod.

You know i love the thrill of a night spawn. I play it on VR in Survival. And your Mod is just great. Thx for it. :-)

Update: So it worx. I merged the esp. and now xenomorphs are spawning at night. But they wont attack. They flee from me. Must have top do with on of your scripts. Need to check this out.

Edited by TimOliver

Hmm, the scripts only handle the spawning mechanic. I think the flee mechanic is made with "AI package" in the quest or/and magic effect/spell, you can try take a look what AI packages/spells the actors have and give the same to the aliens. They should only flee during the day or when their health is very low.. if they are not in same faction, they might attack each other and be low health, or the alien actor might be missing AI package and the quest gives them flee package, that is always active = they always flee.

So in short, you want to see what AI packages and magic effects(maybe perks?) the ghoul actor has, and give those same to the alien actor.

edit: The workflow of quests and scripts is something like this: when you enable the mod, master quest is started that starts "spawn quests" that have scripts on them. The scripts monitor the ghouls and reports back to the master quest when most of them are dead and then cleans the remaining enemies and restarts the spawn quest(s). When you shut down the mod via holotape, it disables and marks all enemies for delete, then shuts down all quests. Actual spawning is handled by quest, so I'm 95% sure somewhere should be a property which enemy to spawn.

I downloaded the mod and opened in creation kit, these decide which enemies to spawn: https://imgur.com/a/hoba3P3

Edited by vkz89q

Okay thx

i have found the value to change it in the quest to choose the npc to spawn. And when i leave the npc "xenomorph" as the author of AOT it has created the xenos do attack me.

The Xenos now appear on night and attack everything and flee when the day comes. But only one thing.

The cloaking effect is missing. What do you think is it a special texture for every race or just an missing checked option in a script or mission?

Edited by TimOliver

It's spell in their race. You might want to give them other spells too. DayDisableCloak hides them during the day, I think. Here's a picture: https://imgur.com/a/sW4jBdy

There's also speed spell if you want to make them faster, up to you :D

You can add those spells straight to alien actor or race, I don't think it matters.

I'm glad you got it working!

edit: Spell which gives them cloak is called "_vnh_chameleonSpell".

edit2: Be careful who you give the "DayDisableCloak" spell. The quest will make them visible at night again, but if they are not spawned by quest, nothing will make them visible and they are forever disabled. I think it's safest to make copy of alien actor/race, give the spells to them and then select those new aliens to spawn in quest properties.

Edited by vkz89q

So i have done this like you told me but the Xenos wont get invisible. They just flee in the early morning and stay at a random point in a idle position. When enemies nearby they get killed. So i decided to uncheck the "combat disable" in the day disbled script/quest.

So they flee wait and when someone comes near they kill them. Its not 100% but i like it.

I have given them 130 animation bonus in the stats and this is realy fast and a real challenge when they attack. 150 was to fast it think it fits to ghosts/grazy demons ^^. Maybe an idea for the next mod. greetings Tim

Hmm, that's a bit weird. Way the spell works is: when day comes and they flee from player, when they are far away(out of sight) the spell disables(hides completely) them. Then the script in the quest enables them at night.

I remember I tested this a lot and it almost always worked flawless, unless they get stuck and can't flee from player and then they just wait to get killed.

Not sure what you mean by "combat disable", but I guess it's the "ignore combat" flag in AI package? If that is not checked, they can't flee if they are in combat, they will fight instead.

Remember to always disable and enable the mod(from holotape) if you make changes, otherwise they won't have all the changes.