Hello,
How nice would it be to have settlers taking care of upgrading their equipment themselves?
From my playthroughs i feel that hauling all the stuff home, overencumbered is the least exhausting part, as i now have to track down and manually give each settler new and better gear.

I would love to have some container from the workshop, in which i drop items like armor and weapons, food, aid and chems, for the settlers, and they will look in there for anything better than they already have, and throw their old stuff back into the crate. The upgrade of settlers shouldnt be immediate in my opinion, let it take somewhere from 2-6 hours ingame, for all settlers to drop by and have a look what i hauled back from the wilds.

This also allows me to sell the items thats leftover in the box, after a day or so passes as i now know that whats in the box is totally useless for my settlement.
The mod itself should of course be compatible with most mods, that alter the workshop in any way, like SKE, CreativeClutter, HomeMaker.. You get the idea :)

Hope im not the only one feeling this part of the game is a struggle.. :)

(If this mod exists, please do me a favor and point me in the general direction)

Central Settlement Armory is close, but whether it works is a bit of a tossup. One of Bethesda's patches broke it and it doesn't reliably work anymore. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25964

There was a later mod that could do some of the same stuff, but I can't recall the name. Will let you know if I find it.

Edited by jkruse05

Central Settlement Armory is close, but whether it works is a bit of a tossup. One of Bethesda's patches broke it and it doesn't reliably work anymore. https://www.nexusmod...ut4/mods/25964

There was a later mod that could do some of the same stuff, but I can't recall the name. Will let you know if I find it.

(Sorry for the quote, being in this sorry state... xD)

Thank You jkruse05!

I really hope you remember the other mod too

(or if i find something i will let you know, maybe its the same as you may think of?)

I have been looking far back in the mod lists for something like this, but apparantly not far enough!

Im really sad the Central Settlement Armory looks discontinued, as it leans up very close to what i had in mind.

It looks like the people want something like this, based on the comments on the plugin "CSA" itself, thats comforting to me, that im not alone :tongue:

I will give the CSA plugin a spin - whats to lose? if it works just 50% thats still <50% more than the base game offers, after all :D

May you have a great day, as you just made mine much better.

Cheers

- Antraxiil

(Edit: Wanted to quote you properly but yeah, unable to do that after its been posted - also fixed a typo)

• 4 weeks later...