How do you go about making texture mods for this game?

CornstarchedBarbie

I've never done modding for a game like this before, so I don't know what I need to get started. Mainly, I just need to know how to get the textures from the game, and then how to put them back in. I'm not looking to do anything elaborate, just some texture mods for Sekiro's clothes and face.

Edited by CornstarchedBarbie

Use UXW to extract the games files then you can use yabber to extract individual packs of assets. The part I can't figure out yet is which imaging tool aside from photoshop can actually open the dds files for editing.

UXW and Yabber are both on the nexus already.

Use UXW to extract the games files then you can use yabber to extract individual packs of assets. The part I can't figure out yet is which imaging tool aside from photoshop can actually open the dds files for editing.

UXW and Yabber are both on the nexus already.

You can convert them to png files, make your edits, and then convert back to dds files with something like XnConvert. Just make sure you enable transparency for the final converted images. I found that enabling "preserve metadata" and "preserve color profile" in XnConvert output settings does just that

Edited by DrazHD