Help Teaching an AI to Lockpick

conchors

I'm making a machine learning algorithm that picks locks in Oblivion for a portfolio class. Atm, I'm looking for help gathering the training data to feed it. I need to gather at least 10 hours of lockpicking data under certain conditions (for reasons I can explain if asked, I had to map the mouse to keyboard input). Preferably most recorded attempts should be quick and successful as well, but one must accept failure as an inevitability. So I'm looking for people who are good at lockpicking to help me gather this data. The code is nearly done, and will be completely open so you know I'm not gathering any personal data or anything. Is there anyone here willing to help out. I definitely will credit you in the project.

Security skill might matter since I think it affects tumbler speed. It might be best to use an alternate file and set skill to 100 via console commands. At minimum, I'd need to know the skill level when you submit the file. Any other level doesn't matter

No problem ... my guy is at 100 sneak and 100 for lockpicking too (but I have plenty of saves at lower levels). Can't say I can commit for 10 hours of lockpicking though. Would lesser amounts of time have any value for you?

Absolutely! I'm looking to aggregate to reach that 10 hours. I dont have 10 hours to pick locks either. The hope is to get 20 people to do 30 minutes, but it looks like that people number is gonna be hard to get on time. Anything you can give me will cut down on what I have to make up myself. I'll likely be posting the code for it tomorrow-ish, and hopefully compiling an easy way to run it, but I'll have to fight python on that.

OK ... I'm going to be away all day tomorrow myself but will be back at it on Friday.

Will this be a ready to use EXE or am I going to need to put on my learning cap and do some assembly myself?

- Edit - Also, will I be able to accumulate my contribution over more than a single session or will I need to get a big block of time set aside?

- Edit 2 - To all others reading this ... just think of how good your lockpicking game will be after something like this ... opportunity is knocking, don't get left behind!! :laugh:

Edited by Striker879

1) I will try to get an or a batch file at least to get click to run, but python isnt usually compiled. So you may need to install and run a version of python, in which case I will provide instructions

2) there will be a pause function for between lockpicks, and you should be able to do it across multiple sessions, you might need to change the given save file name, but I think it just increments so that shouldnt be a problem