melee bug/ cant swing weapon

cillrend

i have had this problem for a while now and whenever i look up if anybody else has this issue nothing ever comes up. So what happens is when I left click to swing sometimes it swings sometimes i just stand there doing nothing. This problem has made doing a melee build near impossible and I really enjoyed doing melee back when i played on ps4 so if i can get any help with this it would be much appreciated.

note: bug happened even before i had mods, no animations are missing, it isnt my mouse I got a new mouse a while back and it still does this, only happens with melee i can shoot guns as fast as i can click but thats not the case with any melee, this happens with all melee (even the ripper making it god awful)

• 1 year later...

I know the issue. I had the same issue with Skyrim. Skyrim has an issue or a "feature" where every one handed attack has a hold delay. It corresponds to the maximum time difference between left and right click to be interpreted as dual click. But Fallout 4 doesn't have dual wielding, but they still have this in the game. I assume just laziness with using the same engine. Hopefully they use a new engine in the future.

Anyway, the fix is to go into your Fallout4.ini folder, which is located into Documents > My Games > Fallout4 > Fallout4.ini

Look for [Controls] and put fDualCastChordTime=0.01 under it.

Now you should be able to click as fast as you want and it will always register a swing. I hope it helps you and anyone that finds this on google, which is how I found it.

Edited by blinkzz