[LE] How to tell Papyrus "If player has SpellB, use SpellB not default SpellA"?

Here's the alpha package at Mega. It has the modified Jaxonz ESP, the original More Magic Lights ESP, all three Jaxonz scripts, and variants of the scripts as we've been tweaking them (already compiled, and source also included):

* "JaxonzLightsPlease - my potato ver.pex" is the working one I posted earlier

* "JaxonzLightsPlease - fancy but not quite working.pex" is the one immediately above, that's getting "stuck"

* "JaxonzLightsPlease - my fast-PCs ver.pex" is "JaxonzLightsPlease - my potato ver.pex" but without the globals that prevent the FormID list check from happening every run

* "JaxonzLightsPlease.pex" is just a copy of "JaxonzLightsPlease - my potato ver.pex", the working copy I was testing before attempting the merge.

The Alpha 7zip (above) has all the "guts" for testing (at least with MoreMagicLights, but the variant for AdditionalLights (More Light Spells) is identical other than the IDs in the formID list). Anyway, my potato is very potato-y. Soul traps often take about as long. Anything dependent on executing an external script rather than an ESP/ESM-internal script fragment is very sluggish. E.g., changing outfits with AH Hotkeys typically takes me 30 seconds or so. On a hot rig, it would probably be 1 sec. Heh. I get a lot of choppy animation, too, but can live with it.

The variant I made that doesn't run it all every time is tolerable, but the one that does was too slow to use on this tater.

I'm more curious why the merged version (with your both-spells-in-one function, and the test for current candlelight spell to catch cases of the spell being removed while still active, combined with my global var to not run the list check except under particular circumstances), was malfunctioning. I keep looking at it but can't figure out what the issue is.

• 2 weeks later...