Requesting mod - No more sad/depressing songs on DC Radio

CrashMasterJMM

Would someone be willing to make a mod that removes sad/depressing songs from Diamond City Radio? Specifically, The End Of The World? Don't know why, but that song is like finger nails scraping across a chalk board to me. When I make a bar at my settlements, I like the upbeat stuff to be playing, not wallowing in Skeeter Davis's misery, lol.

It's channel-specific. It edits the "RadioDiamondCity" Quest.
I considered adding an empty sound file instead, it might seem less dangerous, but then we would end up with Travis introducing a track that won't play (come to think of it, why not do both?...).
I could add such an empty file....To make sure it goes away.
Of course if some Radio-mod copied the song to their own folder, the song would appear again. But most modders probably just use the already existing "Sound Descriptor" in the CK, which uses the sound file that came with the game.

Thanks for coming up with such a great idea (hope you don't mind I mentioned you in "Credits"). It was one of those "of course! why didn't I think of that!"
It can't be more than 48 hours ago the last time I had another "oh no, not again!" experience. :D

I will be using this mod myself.

Edit edit:

Or maybe replace the file with say the last line; "it ended when you said goodbye" THE END. Or would that be illegal in some way. I would be uploading a custom Skeeter Davis snippet. So maybe instead use a Robot voice that declares this song can not be played due to copyright issues. Or something. It would probably work better than an empty file, especially in case of custom radio stations that introduce the track.

Edited by Be3lzeBot

• 2 months later...

Something Ive been doing for a while is just putting my own music in using the Skyrim Audio Converter. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8303

What the mod does is convert mp3s into a format the game can read. I know it says "Skyrim", but the file types are the same for both games meaning the converter will work for Fallout 4 as well :D All you will need to do is use the program to convert a song of your choice, rename it to the song you want it to replace and then place it in the appropriate folder (after you backup the old files first, just in case).

The folder Diamond City Radios songs are in is - Fallout 4 / Data / Sound / FX / Mus / Radio / Diamondcity

This same method works with all radio stations :)