Allannaa

A question about the tutorial: "How to make Dragon Claw Holders"

Scriptname DragonClawHolderScript extends ObjectReference

MiscObject Property ClawToPlace Auto
{The claw we want to place}
Bool Property isPlaced = false Auto Hidden
Message Property FailMessage auto
{The message to show if the player dont have the claw in their inventory}

Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActivator)
if(isPlaced == FALSE) ; is the claw placed?
if akActivator.getItemCount(ClawToPlace) >= 1 ; Does the player have the claw?
isPlaced = TRUE
self.getLinkedRef().enable() ; Enable the Static Claw
(akActivator as actor).removeItem(ClawToPlace, 1) ; Remove the claw from the players inventory
else
FailMessage.show() ; If the player doesnt have the claw, show the Fail message.
endif
else
isPlaced = FALSE
self.getLinkedRef().disable() ; If the claw was already placed, disable the static claw
(akActivator as actor).addItem(ClawToPlace, 1) ; add the claw back.
endif
endEvent

Shouldn't the isPlaced after the second else, read isPlaced = TRUE ??

I ask this cause the script allowed me to place my dragon claws, no problem. But after loading my safe game, when I try to take them back, it gives me the fail message.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There only 1 true non-video tutorial and that's the S.T.E.P. guide that'll walk you though anything skyrim: http://wiki.step-project.com/Main_Page. This will guide you through ever step of skyrim install and mod pre-setup and setup to best work for your system. I think there is also a downloadable s.t.e.p guide on nexus as well. Then most mods will have a tutorial/guide on how to install and use it (unless it's a simple plug'n'play mod like most follower mods are.

There only 1 true non-video tutorial and that's the S.T.E.P. guide that'll walk you though anything skyrim: http://wiki.step-project.com/Main_Page. This will guide you through ever step of skyrim install and mod pre-setup and setup to best work for your system. I think there is also a downloadable s.t.e.p guide on nexus as well. Then most mods will have a tutorial/guide on how to install and use it (unless it's a simple plug'n'play mod like most follower mods are.

I wouldn't call it a 'true non-video tutorial'. There are plenty of links throughout to videos that either explain the current process or expand upon it further. Nevertheless, STEP has always been a good source of information even if one has no intention of following their suggested mods.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Need some help:

I'm struggling to create a mod that changes my character's idle animations by pressing a key. The general idea is pressing the + key and advancing to the next Idle, while pressing the - key will regress to the previous Idle, toggling between 20+ Idles that I have from various authors. I have PCEA but frankly I do not wish to occupy all 10 "slots" just for Idles.
I've already constructed the MCM interface just for mapping keys, but I am currently struggling with assigning the key to the animation. Any pointers on how to proceed would be most welcome. I hope you reply, I'm stumped.

I've followed Fore's guidelines and created the _behaviour.hks file, my problem is I don't know how to assign the Debug.sendanimationEvent() function to the selected key(s), nor how to call my animations to the script. Any help will be most welcome.

• 1 month later...

Ive just popped in to say a big thank you to Sjogga for the tutorials on the dragon priest mask displays and the dragon claw holders. I'm currently working on my first mod and have no idea about the ck. everything ive done has been with the help of tutorials, but I could never find any tutorials on them 2 subjects. when I looked at the tutorials on here it looked daunting but it was very easy to follow. so a big thank you for both tutorials, they helped me complete 2 of my displays.

I do have one question, would I be able to use the dragonclawholder script for black book displays, elder scroll displays and bug in a jar displays. I have no idea about scripts, its one of the reasons I was so worried about creating the two displays the tutorials were done on. having completed them to displays I started to think I maybe be able to use the same steps for the other 3 displays using the same method (with different objects) to create the other 3 displays. but as I said I have no knowledge on scripting or anything so thought it best to ask for someones advice before going ahead and doing it.

thank you so much for the 2 tutorials, they have been a massive help

Thank you for this list. I can totally relate with the OP. As much as I love using YouTube to learn new things, when it comes to gaming (especially a game like Skyrim) I prefer having a window open in my second monitor and read while plaint. Having to watch a video, pause, go back, scrub forward, etc. is a bit annoying. Plus my attention is now compromised if I have to play and watch a video at the same time. Having a list like this for a new player such as myself (late to the game lol I know) is extremely helpful. I donât really know what to search for most of the time and when I do there are rarely any text only tutorials that seem to be relevant to what I need or was looking for.

Big kudos to the OP and contributors for getting the list together. :)

• 1 month later...