Tutorials WITHOUT "youtoob"

Allannaa

Hey so I have an issue and I need some help I have a mod and all it does is change the shape of soul gems to spheres and replace the textures for new ones for each "tier" of soulgem.

I've laready replaced the meshes in the mesh/clutter/sooulgem file with

• soulgemblack01.nif
  • soulgemcommon01.nif
  • soulgemgrand01.nif
  • soulgemgreater01.nif
  • soulgemlesser01.nif
  • soulgempetty01.nif

However I can't to get the game to read the texture files i put into texture/clutter/soulgem. Any help for an rokkie modder?

Edited by AureumCustos

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

This is Shezza. Greetings from Canada!

I feel the same way about trying to install SKSE into SE to get SKSE to work. I feel that the YouTube videos move too fast. I do my level headed best to keep up with them, but I always find myself at least a couple of steps. I must also tell you that I'm no fan of zip files. In the four years of computer classes I took, we learned about the business side of the computer, not the gaming side and the zip files were mentioned in passing with no hands on learning, ergo; my pure hatred for the things.

If someone can find for me a non-video set of instructions, I'd greatly appreciate it for I want to play the AE version of SE very much, no matter what has been said about it here.

I thank you kindly for your time. I remain,

Sincerely yours always,

Shezza,

This is Shezza. Greetings from Canada!

I feel the same way about trying to install SKSE into SE to get SKSE to work. I feel that the YouTube videos move too fast. I do my level headed best to keep up with them, but I always find myself at least a couple of steps. I must also tell you that I'm no fan of zip files. In the four years of computer classes I took, we learned about the business side of the computer, not the gaming side and the zip files were mentioned in passing with no hands on learning, ergo; my pure hatred for the things.

If someone can find for me a non-video set of instructions, I'd greatly appreciate it for I want to play the AE version of SE very much, no matter what has been said about it here.

I thank you kindly for your time. I remain,

Sincerely yours always,

Shezza,

I return from the darkness.(tries to resit the urge to play star craft) I been thinking of getting back into modding, skyrim or mass effect 2, I can not script to save my life tho, I can make some headway and gets things to work half the time LOL.

But anyway, archive formats zip,rar,ect are not that hard to wrap your head around, its where to put the darn things that can be annoying.

I like winrar but 7zip works as well, you need 7zip or winrar to unpack from the zip file.

I'm not up to date on mod mangers tho, I like the old nexus mod manager, vortex always seemed odd, I got to fustrated with it, but its been years so maybe its more user freindly.

How much help, or what starting point do you need for skyrim? Are you an absolute noob or just very lost....and yes I get very lost alot LOL I am willing to help some, I need to get back into i myself LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize if this was asked already, didn't find it. Can anyone point me to a tutorial how to add a crafting recipe to existing craftable items (armor, weapons, potions, etc) in the game or from mods that does NOT replace the original recipe but adds an alternative way of crafting it? I have a mod that changes the appearance of armors and I want to keep the new appearance, but tweak some of the recipes to have two options to craft the same armor. Does anyone know how to do that?

I apologize if this was asked already, didn't find it. Can anyone point me to a tutorial how to add a crafting recipe to existing craftable items (armor, weapons, potions, etc) in the game or from mods that does NOT replace the original recipe but adds an alternative way of crafting it? I have a mod that changes the appearance of armors and I want to keep the new appearance, but tweak some of the recipes to have two options to craft the same armor. Does anyone know how to do that?

Take the existing recipe and duplicate it. Change any required ingredients to what you want. After saving the plugin, in game you should have two recipes for the same item each with a different set of ingredients.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey so I have an issue and I need some help I have a mod and all it does is change the shape of soul gems to spheres and replace the textures for new ones for each "tier" of soulgem.

I've laready replaced the meshes in the mesh/clutter/sooulgem file with

• soulgemblack01.nif
  • soulgemcommon01.nif
  • soulgemgrand01.nif
  • soulgemgreater01.nif
  • soulgemlesser01.nif
  • soulgempetty01.nif

However I can't to get the game to read the texture files i put into texture/clutter/soulgem. Any help for an rokkie modder?

Apologies for not realizing your question was posted before now... Unsure why I only receive notifications for post replies --- when the mood just-so-happens to strike Gmail in the nutters... I struggled with textures a lot during my beginner days as a modder. However, I'd like to think (at least) that I've made some progress over the last 3 years spent in "the Battle for Kratas"; sounded like a pretty addbass name for my fight for what was still a ridiculously sad rate of progress.

I digress; were you able to figure out what was causing the textures failure to render in-game? These tid-bits of info I've come to value (and begun collecting) enough to start a hand-written binder. ADD never gave me a chance in school, 'n it's not about to start making things easier just because I have an aging think-muscle. If (on the off-chance) it's still unanswered, I can share what I know 'n hopefully provide some solutions...

I couldn't recount exactly the number of times I spent too much time --- like [did] the 2 (+) years of Papyrus induced boolhonkey that hindered the ability to release any mods that'd be worthy of decent repute. trying to troubleshoot something before either begging my son(s) to fix my fudgy during a rare visit home or partake in another episode of "wipe 'n gripe" with my bipolar PC.

Edited by Punkn

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Very thanks!, is just what people who really wants to learn modding needs, I find it quite annoying listening all the nonsense and intros... just to the point is better for me :)