Problem with Wood Elfs

northmenwind

ok so

i have a mod called "oblivion character overhaul 2" and it worked perfectly until i decided to install a mod that adds sea elfs to the game. after that i wanted some new hairs so i installed some hair mod that adds A LOT of mostly male hairstyles and i think there was an instrustion on some app but i don't remember what app it was (otherwise i wouldn't know how to add them) that i kinda messed with. i added the hairs to sea elfs and it was fine. i added the eye colors to sea elfs and it was fine. but then i realized i can do the same to other races and did someting similar to wood elfs. but i broke something there bc when i opened the game the entire wood elf race looked like it did before the ocov2. i have no idea what i did and how to make them look ok again. sea elfs are fine tho. pls help.

Edited by northmenwind

I am no more sure what you did, and how, than yourself, but it looks like you have worked on Bethesda's wood elf, not on OCO's, thus overwriting OCO's with Bethesda's (slightly altered).

Your sea elves do work because there aren't any in OCO or Vanilla.

Here is how I would do things:

• I load 'Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.ESP' in the Construction Set Extender (but not 'Set as Active').
  • I perform the changes to the wood elf. (Character -- Race -- Body Data -- Eye Colours).
  • I save my changes to My_Cool_Bosmer.ESP
  • I activate My_Cool_Bosmer.ESP in my mod manager.
Just my 2 cents.

I am no more sure what you did, and how, than yourself, but it looks like you have worked on Bethesda's wood elf, not on OCO's, thus overwriting OCO's with Bethesda's (slightly altered).

Your sea elves do work because there aren't any in OCO or Vanilla.

Here is how I would do things:

• I load 'Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.ESP' in the Construction Set Extender (but not 'Set as Active').
  • I perform the changes to the wood elf. (Character -- Race -- Body Data -- Eye Colours).
  • I save my changes to My_Cool_Bosmer.ESP
  • I activate My_Cool_Bosmer.ESP in my mod manager.
Just my 2 cents.

wow. i cant believe it actually worked. i couldnt change the eye colors though but i changed the height and they're back to normal! thanks so much :smile:

Oh, great, so that's a start.

Changing eyes in CSE:

• Open dialog: Character -- Eyes
  • Open dialog and select: Character -- Race -- WoodElf -- Body Data
  • Drag and drop eyes from the Eyes dialog to the Eye Color listbox in the Body Data tab.

Yes, CSE is such a sweet piece of software. ^^