What am I doing wrong Cycle problems with Vortex

Drevan80

Vortex aren't suggest the right thing sometimes (i.e Ennead 4k banner and Ennead 4k Ivory Whiterun Vortex suggests Ennead 4k before Ennead 4k Ivory Whiterun which makes Ennead 4k Ivory Whiterun redundant and will give me the standard Ennead 4k Whiterun (Black)

Right, and in that instance you pick Ivory Whiterun to LOAD AFTER Ennead 4K Banner

That's why the choices are there.

Do you get a cyclic error if you have the Ivory Whiterun load AFTER 4K banner?

No Ennead works fine when loading Ivory Whiterun after mainfile it was just an example that Vortex choices isn't always the right one

Vortex makes 'suggestions" only, it's not insisting it's the right choice, it just says "Load before (suggested)" as a base, ultimately it's up to the user to know which rule is going to work.

Tannin42 explained it in more detail than I can remember, but it's not an error per se.

And fortunately, if you make the wrong choice, it's as simple as changing the rule to the opposite.

No Ennead works fine when loading Ivory Whiterun after mainfile it was just an example that Vortex choices isn't always the right one

This is not an error nor an example that Vortex sometimes does not make the right choice, because Vortex does not make choices. You yourself make the choices for your game. If Vortex were in the choosing business, then you would never even be presented with a conflict warning, a conflict menu, and a suggestion in the first place. A "suggestion" is not a "choice." Moreover, pointing this out is not mere semantic quibbling. Suggestions are not choices, and choices are not suggestions.

This is not an error nor an example that Vortex sometimes does not make the right choice, because Vortex does not make choices. You yourself make the choices for your game. If Vortex were in the choosing business, then you would never even be presented with a conflict warning, a conflict menu, and a suggestion in the first place. A "suggestion" is not a "choice." Moreover, pointing this out is not mere semantic quibbling. Suggestions are not choices, and choices are not suggestions.

she-s-right-you-know-morgan-freeman.png