Switching to Vortex from NMM problems!

hawkinsj925

First off, I am familiar with the basics of modding, but I am not an expert and I may have just made a simple mistake.

The Problem I am having is: My game (Skyrim SE) seems to not be reading or seeing the mods

Here is what I did:

I wanted to make the change over to Vortex from NMM, when I was going to import all of the mods, it told me there were a few things that the import function was not capable of doing, so I decided to just do all the downloading all over again. I uninstalled/deleted all of my Mods on NMM, then downloaded / install / enabled all mods on vortex. I tested it out and the only thing that seemed to be working was the skin textures (CBBE), not even my most basic mods, that have never given any issue, were working like: SKY UI, and RaceMenu. I did some research and found out that I did not change the Staging folder location so that it could be Hard linked. So i did that and it relocated all the files there, but the Mods still didn't work and I have tried other things, but I still can't figure it out.

Any help would be great! If you need screenshots of anything, let me know.

Thanks.

Did you DEPLOY the mods after you Installed them?

Yes, and i did it again just now to be sure, but nothing changed.

Try a Purge and Re-Deploy

To turn on purge

SETTINGS---->INTERFACE---->ENABLE ADVANCED MODE

Vortex-Menu-purge.jpg

No, nothing changed. I have been working on this since yesterday, so I am thinking about just uninstalling everything, and completely resting vortex, and my game and trying again. So if you have any tips on that I am open. Or if you think you may still be able to troubleshoot the current problem, I will keep trying.

No, nothing changed. I have been working on this since yesterday, so I am thinking about just uninstalling everything, and completely resting vortex, and my game and trying again. So if you have any tips on that I am open. Or if you think you may still be able to troubleshoot the current problem, I will keep trying.

Well, I would suggest trying to reinstall Vortex first, it seems to have helped others when "something" wasn't quite right with their install, like maybe the installer skipped a file or something.

So it's worth a shot

-OR-, try this first,

Try removing the following two files and restarting Vortex:
C:\Users\<NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\skyrimse\masterlist\masterlist.yaml
C:\Users\<NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\skyrimse\userlist.yaml

Well, I would suggest trying to reinstall Vortex first, it seems to have helped others when "something" wasn't quite right with their install, like maybe the installer skipped a file or something.

So it's worth a shot

-OR-, try this first,

Hallelujah! :laugh:

I checked for those folders and they weren't in there along with some others, so after re-installing vortex they appeared, and every Mod is up and running! Thanks!

This is my first time to use this forum, and I don't know if they have some merit system so I can give you credit, but if there is I will!!

So it's worth a shot

-OR-, try this first,

I checked for those folders and they weren't in there along with some others, so after re-installing vortex they appeared, and every Mod is up and running! Thanks!

This is my first time to use this forum, and I don't know if they have some merit system so I can give you credit, but if there is I will!!

You can give HadToRegister Kudos from their profile :smile: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/923152

So it's worth a shot

-OR-, try this first,

Excellent, glad you got it working

I guess the reinstall in this situation worked.

For whatever reason, maybe a glitch while installing, some files must get left out for some people

Excellent, glad you got it working

I guess the reinstall in this situation worked.

For whatever reason, maybe a glitch while installing, some files must get left out for some people

They refuse to let me give you more than one kudos point! But here are 4 more imaginary ones :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks again