Photo

Are This 2 Mods Compatible together or their will be conflict?

mod dragon age dragon age 2 dragon age 2 mod texture face mods

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

yariel

yariel

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Hello guys i see the Dragon Age 2 forum sadly kinda inactive a bit

But 
i hope someone sees this and can help

-------------

So i like a lot the Ellise Unique Face Textures for Companions mod
https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage2/mods/3930

And i want to use it badly, but their also another cool mod that i like to use it too alongside with Ellise mod

HIGH QUALITY FACE TEXTURES FOR DRAGON AGE 2 made by heleuss

http://heleuss.tumblr.com/post/156216326229/high-quality-face-textures-for-dragon-age-2

Also, i found someone report that they're an issue for the dwarf dds file, which idk how i fix it like he did ^^

http://heleuss.tumblr.com/post/168758403714/hi-i-just-wanted-to-say-that-your-mods-are

But my problem here i couldn't know if the second mod of heleuss have anything that related to Ellise mod and can be conflict or not

Since the heleuss mod have only a few pictures and not telling which exactly it's gonna replace

Even when i extract the .erf file of heleuss  mod i don't understand anything here since they are not named to the characters in DA2, unlike Ellise he named them so any can understand what will be replaced

Also, i couldn't know which NPC or Companions this mod will replace

So i can avoid any chance of conflict between the 2 mods and delete what i don't like

I tried to recognition if there is any matching textures for NPC's or Companions between the too but i can't

So please if anyone can investigate this and help me out make them both work and telling me if their a conflict or any duplicates between the 2 mods or not?

would really be appreciated

Edited by yariel, 09 April 2019 - 03:24 PM.

theskymoves

theskymoves

Mrs Grumpy Girdle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,362 posts

Wow, you know the DA2 forums are dead when I'm the one answering questions. :laugh:

I downloaded both mods and unpacked the archives, and there's no conflict; the two mods do different things.

Ellise 'Unique Face Textures for Companions' does exactly what the mod's name indicates: it adds new companion-specific textures, with face morphs that use those new, unique textures (rather than the base-game Bioware textures or a replacer for them).

Kani Hime's 'HIGH QUALITY FACE TEXTURES FOR DRAGON AGE 2' replaces the Bioware textures and will only affect face morphs that use the default textures.

yariel

yariel

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Wow, you know the DA2 forums are dead when I'm the one answering questions. :laugh:

I downloaded both mods and unpacked the archives, and there's no conflict; the two mods do different things.

Ellise 'Unique Face Textures for Companions' does exactly what the mod's name indicates: it adds new companion-specific textures, with face morphs that use those new, unique textures (rather than the base-game Bioware textures or a replacer for them).

Kani Hime's 'HIGH QUALITY FACE TEXTURES FOR DRAGON AGE 2' replaces the Bioware textures and will only affect face morphs that use the default textures.

Thank you a lot for replying and explaining this to me

But can you tell me each file of the dds after the extracting in Kani Hime's mod blong to which NPC Name so i decide what i keep and what i don't?

example i was able to know some of the pictures, not all yet sadly ^^

Mekel
Orsino

But as well i can't know what the files blong to this NPCS so it will help me a lot of you can tell me each NPC and the name of files that blong to him so i decide rather i keep his change of file or remove then repack the .erf

theskymoves

theskymoves

Mrs Grumpy Girdle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,362 posts

The Kani Hime textures are used by multiple NPCs, they aren't specific to one NPC. (IIRC, only Cassandra and Meredith have unique textures, and those textures are not addressed by the mod.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mod, dragon age, dragon age 2, dragon age 2 mod, texture, face, mods

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.039 seconds