Getting .210 type files and confused :)

***Solved

This is probably a no brainer but I could really use a little clarification, which ofc would be really appreciated. :smile:

So yea every time I download anything off nexus now I get these .210 files instead of .rar's (I think) the way I used to, just wondering whats going on, thought maybe I needed to get vortex and download threw it but all it gave me was a .210 files from the vortex download.

Edited by JonnySparta

Just internet explorer with google search bar and standard java, nothing weird with my browser afaik.

I've gotten tons of mods from the nexus in the past, never had any issues with downloading like this.

Thanks for the attempted assist :) Google brings up nothing on this that I can find.

You have an overly zealous browser extension or anti virus that is seeing the rar, zip, 7z, exe files, and whatever else it is deeming hazardous to your computer, and renaming with an extra .210 extension.

Get rid of whatever it is and get a working AV

IE it's taking "thisMod.zip" and renaming it "ThisMod.zip.210"

Ahhh, right on guys that you SO VERY MUCH I can already get into files I've downloaded by removing the extension and opening with WinRAR and I've uninstalled what I think was the culprit.

<3

One more thing.

Think about installing 7-Zip, it opens EVERYTHING, Rar, Zip, 7z, etc...

Ahhh, right on guys that you SO VERY MUCH I can already get into files I've downloaded by removing the extension and opening with WinRAR and I've uninstalled what I think was the culprit.

<3

One more thing.

Think about installing 7-Zip, it opens EVERYTHING, Rar, Zip, 7z, etc...

And it's free. :D (noticing a trend here?? :D)