Berserk Mod for archers

Flashyshooter

I have always wanted to play a Warrior Archer. The problem is though almost no specializations in warrior synergize with it. Currently to get berserk boost for a bow you have to switch to melee, activate Berserk, switch back to bow, repeat EVERY SINGLE BATTLE.

If someone could make an override so that berserk could be activated with a bow and stayed on when combat ends I'd really appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

A bit late, but this hack is for you

http://www.mediafire.com/file/48wk0zajtltc3kf/BerserkHack.rar/file

A couple things about this hack:

- To remove the melee requirement is very easy, you simply need to change a "1" to a "0" in the abi.GDA table. That's what the abi.GDA file is for.

- To alter the "auto-deactivation" behavior is a bit more complicated. You have to recompile a core game script, which is module_core.ncs, to do this. I don't know how to make a different hack that doesn't require modifying this file. The good news is that, apparently not a lot of mods modify this file, so the chance of conflict is fairly low. This is what the module_core.ncs is for.

- I don't know what mods you have. A major combat mod that is Combat Tweaks also modifies Berserk's parameters, including description strings, cost, and cooldown. In this hack, there are two options - one is for vanilla game, and the other for game with Combat Tweaks installed. Only pick one folder and copy it to your override folder, and you're good to go.

- This is optional: with this hack, you can change the auto-deactivation behavior of five abilities: Feign Death, Blood Magic, Aura of Pain, Captivating Song, and Berserk. As it is, Berserk is the only one that doesn't get auto-deactivated. The other four are still auto-deactivated as per vanilla game. To change this behavior, locate your DragonAge.ini file in \Documents\BioWar\Dragon Age\Settings\, copypaste these lines into the ini file anywhere:

[NoAutoDeactivation]

Berserk=0

FeignDeath=1

CaptivatingSong=1

AuraOfPain=1

BloodMagic=1

If the values are 1, they won't be auto-deactivated. Only for Berserk, the value must be 0 for it to be deactivated. If these lines don't exist, Berserk will not be auto-deactivated, but the other four will.