Where the heck can I get NWN 2?

K00L

Well let me start off by saying I used to play the NWN games with my brothers. And I absolutely loved them.

Anyway I would love to get the second one again but its been removed from like every place possible.

I'd really like the download version and I'm afraid I missed my chance while it was on Steam. :\

I had really thought about getting it, and now its gone.

I guess I'm asking will it ever return to online stores like Steam? I know I can get it in a few other places... But I really would like the download. I've heard this is because of a dispute over ownership with Hasbro, but that dispute ended a while ago and I never saw much of anything about it.

Edited by K00L

The annoying thing is I bought Neverwinter Nights 2 and Mask but don't have Storms of Zehir or Mysterious of Westgate. Not wanting to by the D&D Ultimate pack (as I also already have all the old D&D games like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale etc etc) I looked a bit further and you can buy the "D&D Anthology: Neverwinter Nights Complete" from impulse/gamestop. This also includes NWN1 and all it's expansions, which was unfortunate for me since I also have all those games so I essentially paid for a complete package just to get Storms of Zehir and Mysteries of Westgate, but it beats buying te D&D Ultimate Pack, unless of course you want the other games as well.

Alternatively you can buy them on Amazon/Ebay but I personally prefer digital downloads and you never know with some ebay sellers.

Thanks to legal wrangling over the license, you can currently only get it via the "DnD Ultimate pack", which includes a bunch of DnD games back to Baldurs Gate 1.

Ooo I hadn't heard about that. I don't have any old DnD games so I might look into that. Legal wrangling ruins a lot of things. :\

The annoying thing is I bought Neverwinter Nights 2 and Mask but don't have Storms of Zehir or Mysterious of Westgate. Not wanting to by the D&D Ultimate pack (as I also already have all the old D&D games like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale etc etc) I looked a bit further and you can buy the "D&D Anthology: Neverwinter Nights Complete" from impulse/gamestop. This also includes NWN1 and all it's expansions, which was unfortunate for me since I also have all those games so I essentially paid for a complete package just to get Storms of Zehir and Mysteries of Westgate, but it beats buying te D&D Ultimate Pack, unless of course you want the other games as well.

Alternatively you can buy them on Amazon/Ebay but I personally prefer digital downloads and you never know with some ebay sellers.

See I used to have NWN2 and MotB but just like you I was missing the other two. I somehow lost my game...

Thank you both for replying, I thought I wouldn't be able to get the game ever again.

:P

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GOG has a deal on right now, if anyone is still looking for the game, where the more D&D games (including NWN, NWN2, Planescape, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, etc), the more you save. You get a small discount off just buying one, so if you're looking for NWN2 only, you still save, but the discount grows the more you buy.