Vortex Random Deactivate

conn11399

Soooo I love a lot of the features included in vortex vs NMM! However I have had to switch back to NMM for the time being due to a strange issue I have regarding my mods. About every morning when I loaded up Vortex it seemed to deactivate all my mods and plugins for Skyrim and Fallout 4(strangely FNV was never effected). Im not sure if this was a user error but I followed all the proper instructions for directory location.

• 3 weeks later...
I too have experienced a similar issue with FO4, Skyrim LE and Skyrim SE when using Vortex. Sometimes I'll find that plugins have randomly been disabled or mods deactivated. Seems to happen most often after I've installed a bunch of mods consecutively. Also I think it happened after I crossed the max allowed plugin limit. I installed a bunch of armors and then merged all of my armors into 6 separate packs. Afterwards I noticed plugins such as Valdacil's were deactivated as well as some of my other texture replacer mods. After installing my merges and deactivating their source esps, I turned back on the disabled plugins and reinstalled deactivated mods. Somewhere in the Vortex settings there must be conditions which prompt this deactivate process. I've also noticed that my Vortex Download folder will randomly delete the mods I downloaded in the past. The installed mods are fine but if I have to reinstall them, I end up having to redownload them from Nexus. I've begun to save a backup copy of the folder as a precaution. You never know when you're favorite mod will disappear. Just my two cents