Could use a hand converting Skyrim outfits to FO4

For transparency, set the Alpha to 1 - Alpha method to "standard" - tick "Alpha test" - also tick "Decal" and "non occluder" - Then adjust the "transparency" level on the diffuse in your image editor.

Note that you can't have transparent parts over transparent parts of the mesh i.e you couldn't have semi transparent 'pants' of semi transparent/lace underwear

I'm having pretty much the same problem. Except my conversion crashes the CK everytime I try to add the nif file to it. It all works fine with sliders in BodySlide, an works good in outfit studio. I followed a tutorial here on Nexus to convert the armor to fallout 4.

I hate to give up but I can't figure it out either

For transparency, set the Alpha to 1 - Alpha method to "standard" - tick "Alpha test" - also tick "Decal" and "non occluder" - Then adjust the "transparency" level on the diffuse in your image editor.

Note that you can't have transparent parts over transparent parts of the mesh i.e you couldn't have semi transparent 'pants' of semi transparent/lace underwear

That did the trick perfectly. Thanks!

For metallic effect, its basically your "Environment Map Texture". There are numerous cube maps you can try, eg Shared/Cubemaps/mipblur_DefaultOutside1.dds. Then the specular texture with red channel controls "mirror/refflective" and green channel controls the "glossiness".

All right, once again I've gotten Nifskope to recognize the new effect, but FO4 itself refuses to acknowledge my changes. In Material Editor I've got the cube map set as Material >> Environment, and Material >> Smooth Spec is a pure white texture (maximum ooo-shiny). I've also actually enabled the environment mapping under General. Is there something else I need to update?

Open the nif using nifscope and check e.g the BSTriShape of the object u wanna do metalic, for the BSLightingShaderProperty, obviously u need to point to your material file. The shader Type is Environment Map and for the Shader Flags 1, there is Environment Mapping too.

How are you saving the Specular Map? It needs to be at least BC5 so that it actually stores the separate Red/Green/Blue information correctly (note that the blue channel is only for "subsurface" and not really used in the FO4 engine) Otherwise, the image will be "flattened" and you'll lose the RGB channel 'data'. Even though the images will 'technically' look the same.

From langnao's files, it's apparent that the issue is not specular (which I have been saving as DTX5, not BC5/3Dc -- still works either way), but rather the cubemap itself. Using his material with my nif gives immediate results. The only difference between his material and mine are that A) his has no specular at all and B) his uses a default/shared cubemap rather than a custom one. I've already tested the addition of my specular file, and his material still works. That just leaves the custom cubemap itself. Seems to be saved in a single horizontal line of six 32x32 blocks (which might be the regular Skyrim format, not sure; definitely doesn't line up with FO4 format from what I've read). That much I can fix.

Is there any particular DDS format for cubemaps (aside from obviously saving as a cubemap)?

(Side note: cloudy/rainy weather dulls the gold/bronze down to silver/steel -- would like to prevent this, but haven't found any reference to this effect or where it might be controlled. Seems the cubemap gets grayscaled.)

Edited by MegaManTrigger

Cubemaps are a weird one. AFAIK, it should look like a lower case letter "t" laying on it's side ( kinda like - | - - ) but definetly not a straight line.

As for the cloudy/rainy effect, that is handled by a different .bgsm file ( usually = " xxxxwet.bgsm") listed further down in the second tab in material editor - there are 4 or 5 different vanilla ones I think, and I'm pretty sure one of them is designed for "metal" objects, so they don't lose their "metalness" - Or you could just remove the wet.bgsm altogther, then your mesh won't be affected by rain.

I'd messed with that material already with no luck, but I went back and tried it more methodically. No dice. Used the following settings:

• No wet.bgsm at all
  • All of the vanilla OutfitTemplate_wet files (1 through 5, one by one)
  • The vanilla MetalTemplate_wet.bgsm

Regardless of what's being used, the metal still turns from gold to silver during cloudy/rainy weather. Any other places I should look?